4 years, 2 apps, 11 components and nothing works

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I own 4 play one, 2 play 5, 2 play base, and 2 sonos amps for architural speakers  and 1 sub.  My system has never worked well.  I  have great sound during the 10% of the time when system is not cutting out, skipping songs or losing signal.  I have a mesh 6 wifi system now so I unpugged my boost hoping this would fix the problem.  I have tried wired and wireless.  Nothing works!!!  I have a very expensive dud of a system that I am ashamed and embarassed to play when company comes over.  I even paid a "sonos expert" to come over and re-setup my sysem.  And that was a waste of $400.  I'm extremely frustrated.  I've been pulling my hair out now for 4 years.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry to hear your sorrows. I have a smaller system - home theatre 5.1 in one room and 5 other rooms. After I set my wifi to a fixed channel and set fixed ip addresses for my devices I’ve had many years of trouble-free enjoyment from my speakers. Are you running with fixed ip addresses?

I actually had router set to get IP address dynamically from ISP

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I actually had router set to get IP address dynamically from ISP

That is the wrong (WAN) DHCP setting, it needs to remain set to let your ISP control it.

Instead look to the LAN DHCP Server Settings in your router, that is where client devices IP addresses are set.

Power down the Sonos, reboot the router and power the Sonos back up and you’ll be on the new static/reserved IP addresses.