2024 Sonos Product Releases?

• 22 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

A very interesting article was posted today from Bloomberg about Sonos’ 2024 (and beyond) product releases. It includes headphones, a set-top box, a new Roam, a new sound bar, and more. Here is the summary by Engadget (because of the Bloomberg paywall):

https://www.engadget.com/sonos-long-rumored-headphones-will-reportedly-arrive-by-april-2024-195833525.html

If this is accurate, 2024 will be an exciting year for Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Many interesting possibilities.

I wonder if the TV streaming box will support or include an off-air tuner? My Amazon tuner has been discontinued and I’m looking for a replacement.

The Era 100s with built-in Ethernet are interesting, wonder if they will also support Sonosnet.

A new Arc and Sub also sound interesting, the spouse may kill me!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Headphones - ooh might finally be time to upgrade to S2

Many interesting possibilities.

I wonder if the TV streaming box will support or include an off-air tuner? My Amazon tuner has been discontinued and I’m looking for a replacement.

The Era 100s with built-in Ethernet are interesting, wonder if they will also support Sonosnet.

A new Arc and Sub also sound interesting, the spouse may kill me!

I would be surprised to see a tuner built into a Sonos streaming box.  Besides it not really being a highly desired feature these days,  I don’t think over the air sources come with high end audio to show off the Sonos capabilities?

Likewise, I would be shocked if new Era 100s, designed for business, would backtrack and support Sonosnet.

It seems highly likely that the new Arc and Sub would featue the woofer tech Sonos recently bought to give them a much smaller physical footprint.  The sub in particular would be very interesting if the can get the same volume from a box near the size of an Era 100 as they currently do from the full sub.  A new Arc with this tech doesn’t seem quite as interesting, although perhaps they can have the sub built in with the same form factor.  I don’t know that the tech could give the Arc a wider soundstage though.  Also, I would expect that a new Arc would integrate with the streaming box in some way.

On that streaming box, I still find this odd.  Doesn’t feel like it’s in Sonos wheelhouse.  I would be that the primary driver isn’t so much to meet customer demand as it is to increase stock market stability by creating another source of steady income, like Sonos Radio, via ads or a subscription service. I don’t see anyone trading in their current box for this unless there are some killer integration features, like fully wireless connection to Sonos home theatre, or built in delays so that sync audio and video completely across grouped rooms.  Even then, I’m not sure that would get me to switch over.

The headphones sound great, but again, it’s got to have a lot of integration.  Sonos is developing a bit of a track record of not quite delivering on features many people would want and expect from a device in a particular product category.

No next gen Sonos Five?  😔

Certainly not rumored. But as we’ve experienced before, that is no indication, one way or the other…unfortunately.