Answered

Sonos Mac Firewall problem

• 5 February 2016
  • 5 replies

I have a Mac run-on El Capitan and I have what I think is a firewall problem using Sonos. When I load the Mac Sonos Contoller I get a box that says 'Do you want the application “Sonos.app” to accept incoming network connections?' with Deny or Allow options. Clicking on Allow attaches to my music OK. If I turn the Firewall off then this box does not appear.
I have my Firewall set up correctly as per Sonos guidelines with Block all incoming connections not checked and Sonos App included to accept incoming connections.
I've tried reinstalling the Sonos Controller software and deleting/readiing my Music share which is on a NAS. As far as I know I have changed nothing to cause this and it just started happening yesterday.
icon

Best answer by bee-rss 5 February 2016, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Problem fixed - Deleted Plist and it cured the problem.
Hi - can you expand a bit please - what do you mean by delete Plist? A specific playlist, or something else?

Thanks for your help
Same issue here on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
What's the exact name of this plist and where can I find it?
Found the solution for my case on http://www.mikesel.info/fixed-do-you-want-the-application-itunes-app-to-accept-incoming-network-connections/
It appeared that 2 files were added to the Resources folder.
af4ec250-bc2a-4717-9fea-d8592737c721.storage
f486dd19-a6e7-44ff-be43-088ee3098b18.storage
Both zero bytes...
To find them right-click on the Sonos app and select "Show Package Contents".
After removing those 2 files the "codesign -vvv /Applications/Sonos.app" came back with:
/Applications/Sonos.app: valid on disk
/Applications/Sonos.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement
Also worked for me