Sonos DLNA capability

• 21 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I work for a company that provides IPTV software to service providers. We recently discovered that some of our set top boxes that have DLNA capabilities start crashing when SONOS devices are seen in the user's homes. I am pretty sure the set top boxes are able to discover the SONOS player with UPNP.
We are planning to purchase some of the SONOS players for testing, but I need to know, if all SONOS players are the same in terms of UPNP capabilities and if they are DLNA certified, etc. Also does this maybe depend not only on teh model of SONOS but the software version of it.

Please let me know!
Thanks,
Ina

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Ina Tacheva. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. All Sonos devices operate the same in regards to UPnP capabilities. If you need a hand with anything or run into trouble, feel free to give a call to our support technicians. Thanks!
I work for a company that provides IPTV software to service providers. We recently discovered that some of our set top boxes that have DLNA capabilities start crashing when SONOS devices are seen in the user's homes. I am pretty sure the set top boxes are able to discover the SONOS player with UPNP.
Sonos devices are not DLNA compliant. They do however respond to SSDP. Your UPnP control point should correctly discriminate, and filter out the Sonos devices.