How do I add a Spotify radio station to Sonos favorites?

• 22 December 2017
  • 16 replies

Badge +2
I thin it is all in the title. How do I add a Spotify radio station to Sonos favorites?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Badge +1
When you’ve started the station, hit the 3 dots to the right of the track name, scroll down and you’ll see “add station to my sonos”
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You should also be able to even better (I don't have Spotify so can't verify) - when you go into Spotify and choose favorite radio stations. You'll be looking then at list of favorite stations. In the top right corner their should be a ... Choose that and hit add to My Sonos. That should create a new category group in My Sonos showing all your favorite Spotify stations.

When in Sonos favorites you can chose edit at the top and actually move that category to the top of the list if you would like it to be the most accessible from My Sonos.
Badge +2
When you’ve started the station, hit the 3 dots to the right of the track name, scroll down and you’ll see “add station to my sonos”

Rporteo, I do not have a choice of "add station to my sonos".
Badge +2
You should also be able to even better (I don't have Spotify so can't verify) - when you go into Spotify and choose favorite radio stations. You'll be looking then at list of favorite stations. In the top right corner their should be a ... Choose that and hit add to My Sonos. That should create a new category group in My Sonos showing all your favorite Spotify stations.

When in Sonos favorites you can chose edit at the top and actually move that category to the top of the list if you would like it to be the most accessible from My Sonos.

No such selection here
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't have Spotify but it works in apple music I'm surprised you don't see. What version controller are you on?
Badge +1
You are using the Sonos app aren’t you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ok so I signed up for Spotify since its .99 for 3 months.

There are no Spotify radio stations within the Sonos app.

If it is in the stand alone Spotify application your talking about you can't add things from the actual real Spotify app into Sonos favorites.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What you can do is open up the radio you want in Spotify - which appears is really just a dynamic playlist.

Scroll down in radio listing to load up hundreds of songs for that radio station.

Then at top click on add to Playlist. It will create it then as a Spotify playlist.

Then you can actually go into the Sonos app in Spotify and you will see it as a playlist in Spotify. You can then hit the ... top right corner if you want that playlist permanently on the my sonos screen.

But as it appears, and I'm not a Sonos expert, the Spotify stations are just randomly created playlists. To get the random nature of a radio station you have to do it in the actual Spotify app. But they can be exported then as static playlists with hundereds of songs that can then be played in sonos app.
Badge +1
If your listening to a song using Spotify via the sonos app, you can listen to the station that’s linked to that particular song for genre etc. Then you can add it to sonos favourites
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
But if your using the Spotify app to control Sonos I'm not sure why you want them in the My Sonos portion of Sonos app (being your using the Spotify app direct).
Badge +1
Exactly, just add it to the Spotify library, that’s why I asked the OP what app he was using. It’s a bit like shopping using the eBay app and wondering why you can’t add the item to your basket in the amazon app
Badge +2
I don't have Spotify but it works in apple music I'm surprised you don't see. What version controller are you on?
I am not using Sonos controller to do this, it seems you have VERY limited control over Spotify within the Sonos app. For example, you can not even get to your stations. Dont get that at all. Seems as if Sonos thinks most people will control Sonos through the Spotify app anyways. So I am using the Spotify app for all of this. I am still amazed that this is so difficult to do. It is no problem at all in Pandora.

Sonos Version is 8.2.2
Spotify version is (not sure how to find this but I am sure it is the latest)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you read my post.

Spotify it appears creates its radio stations on the fly in the app. The app creates the radio station as your listening to it. It appears Pandora does it on their server level. Spotify is really just creating a dynamic playlist in its app (you can see all the songs it is creating ahead). Pandora serves them to you one at a time from their server and thus you have the ability to tap into that from the Sonos app.

Then it comes to why do you want the stations to show in Sonos My Music if your wanting to use the Spotify app instead. Just use the Spotify app if you want the dynamic radio stations.
Badge +2
But if your using the Spotify app to control Sonos I'm not sure why you want them in the My Sonos portion of Sonos app (being your using the Spotify app direct).

Well, my reason here is a bit more complex. I am doing all of this because when I wake up in the morning I give the voice command, "Alexa, Good Morning" which kicks off a series of events. One of the events is to play a specific radio station Pandora. To do that, the Pandora station needed to be in the Sonos FAVORITES so since that was easy to do in Pandora it was no problem. Now that I am trying out Spotify, I want to do the same but of course I need to now add a Spotifiy Radio station to Sonos, but I am not able to do this it seems. arghhh.

If I use your suggestion about saving the radio station as a playlist and then add that playlist to Snos favorites, then I have the same music playing in the same order every morning. gets boring really quick. Yes, I guess I can use random but I am not sure if that is part of the automation setup process which opens up another can of worms.

Al this make sense?

Many thanks,
Houston
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea your not going to be able to add Spotify station that way if your method to kick it off has to be a Sonos Favorite.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
as I mentioned apple music radio stations work same way as Pandora. Spotify seems to be the only one with the strange way of doing it on device.