YouTube Playlists Missing

• 17 October 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Playlists in my YouTube Music account have disappeared from the SONOS app on desktop and iPhone.

I imported my Google Play Music library a few months back and it’s been working fine. In the last few days any Imported lists are no longer showing in the library IN THE SONOS APPS (desktop and iPhone S1). Any manually created lists are still there.

When viewing the the You Music library via the YOU TUBE MUSIC APP, they are still there.

This applies to three separate accounts.

There some recent bug that has wiped or is not recognizing these playlists?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The YTM-on-Sonos service is pretty bad, there are many threads on the subject. Try iBroadcast instead.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I second the recommendation to switch to iBroadcast if you only need a place to store and stream your own music collection.  iBroadcast works great with Sonos compared to YTM, plus it is *FREE*!!!

Just adding my voice and displeasure to the chorus. I got my first set of Sonos speakers last night (12/01/20). Their sound is an improvement over relying on Google Home music devices but this playlist issue is a big one for me. A possible deal breaker. I will look into iBroadcast though I’m not a fan of workarounds for such expensive products. Google and Sonos are major tech players. They should be able to work this stuff out.

My YouTube Music playlists are no longer available. I keep getting the message “unable to browse music”. It was working fine, and then stopped out of the blue. I’m at a loss re: how to proceed. Does anyone know a workaround/fix? Has Sonos support been helpful? One thing to note here is that I’m using the same Sonos account for my vacation home in Mexico. Also, my entire song library is available, but not the playlists. Thoughts?