Answered

YouTube Music - "Unable to play song it is not encoded correctly"

• 16 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Iam getting this ONLY with YTM with pair of PLAY1’s, stereo pair or individual.

On new rick astley album (or new Kylie album) only half the tracks will play, and they will always play no matter what, the other half always fail. Can’t see how this can be random interference... 

I have had to create a playlist of only the tracks that will play.

Radio streams ok.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 October 2023, 20:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks, it would be interesting if anybody else could play all the tracks from that album via YTM

I have had this problem too, I spoke to Sonos via live chat and they confirmed that they are aware of the problem and engineers are working on a fix. However they don’t have a date that it could be fixed by.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I have had this problem too, I spoke to Sonos via live chat and they confirmed that they are aware of the problem and engineers are working on a fix. However they don’t have a date that it could be fixed by.

Really...thanks for posting this.

This is same problem with Apple music thats been going on since feb, unsolved. Sonos solution to group with an older speaker..

I wonder if this is why sonos has buddied up to deezer so at least one streaming provider works.

Shame really, nothing more annoying than sitting down relaxing to a track that plays half of it or jumps to next.

Track 10 on rick astley’s new album “are we there yet” is actually greyed out...same for you?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

It’s working now, don’t know why but this is what i did

unplugged rh speaker and moved it, instead of 40ft from router 20ft. Ran trueplay. The lh speaker does all the heavy lifting in a pair

google might of fixed it, who would ever know….

my google nest audio pair keeps dropping rh speaker, so that’s struggling as well