YouTube music sucks on Sonos. All playlists albums and artist not in alphabetical order and no option.

• 4 August 2020
  • 8 replies

When is this going to be fixed. The lease Youtube music can do is allow alphabetical sorting on the pc version, the sonos version and not just the app version. This is ridiculous. If they do not fix this issue, and fast, I will be cancelling my google play/youtube music subscription. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Then I suggest you address this with Google.  They won’t hear your woes on this forum.

Desilu is right. Outrageous lack of alphabetization of YouTube playlists on Sonus makes it practically useless for those of us with numerous playlists.

Keep GPM until you rectify the situation.

There is no way to contact youtube music. I am just going to cancel youtube. If they don’t have the where with all to respect their customers and have a basic function like alphabetical playlist artists and album...they can go ef themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try iBroadcast instead. Ad companies suck at music services.

Badge

Sonos doesn’t listen to their community either - sad how businesses grow and then totally disregard their customers that built them in the first place!!  GPM had issues on the Sonos platform, but YouTube Music makes it look stellar.  

Thanks Sonos for the shite you pedal us now

Sonos wrote the API. It is up to Google, who owns YouTube Music to implement all of the features properly. As controlav has said in multiple threads, they don’t appear to be interested to do so. Sonos has no ability to write code on Google’s servers. 

Sonos wrote the API. It is up to Google, who owns YouTube Music to implement all of the features properly. As controlav has said in multiple threads, they don’t appear to be interested to do so. Sonos has no ability to write code on Google’s servers. 

… or sonos could write more API’s that support YT music cast feature. sticking your head in the sand and saying we have API’s its not our problem isnt great for any customers.  all customers see is Sonos dosnt properly support another music service now, not really a fair comment but that what people see and I feel either Sonos need to step their game up or start losing more market share

I’ve just unsubscribed from google play / YT music as i cant cast off my phone to any of my 10 Sonos devices, and the Sonos app is just to limiting and YT Music itself is terrible feature wise.
our whole use case at home is anyone can cast from their device to a Sonos in any room and have THEIR music playing without messing up another persons music account. currently not available.

any suggestions on a music service other that Spotify that can still case to a Sonos, and not have to use the Sonos app to trigger music?

Badge

Sonos has always marketed itself as a music streaming platform and gives users options of using these services their platform.  It is a total disservice to their customer base that supports them not to offer better functionality no matter what it takes on their part to do so!