YouTube Music: Sonos App Access Denied and Used in Another Location

• 19 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I know there are a few forum posts around for this topic but none of the remedies provided work.
I have YouTube Premium and connected to my Sonos app. Some songs get access denied or account being used in another location but the next song from the same album plays fine. I can play the same song via YouTube Music app fine without any issues.

What i’ve done:

• Re-authorized YouTube Music
  • Removed YouTube Music
  • Logged off from Sonos and YouTube music
  • Restarted my phone
  • Restarted my Sonos system
  • Restarted my modem/router
  • Used both Android and Apple devices
  • Removed all devices linked to Sonos and re-authorized on one device

I’ve even put up a YouTube recording of it working in the YouTube music app but not in the Sonos App

I’ve spent a lot of money getting my Sonos system but the Sonos app ruins the experience. Should just let the native music app connect direct to the Sonos system, bypassing Sonos app.

Any other ideas or i’m just chasing my tail and Sonos really need to fix this?
I am in process of reaching out to Sonos support but going with a 2-prong attack here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BuskerMove 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This sounds very much like the issue reported here for other, specific songs:

However, in this case, I was unable to duplicate your result - I was able to play Primadonna by MARINA without issue via YouTube Premium on multiple speaker types (though I don’t have an Arc or Beam so cannot replicate completely).

I see you have two rooms in your system - have you tried playing that track on both? If not, please try the other room.

Also, after recreating the issue, could you please then submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given? Thank you.

Thanks for the response. I have tried both rooms without any success.
Apple music plays the track fine.

Diagnostic code: 1017530764

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BuskerMove 

Thanks for that - I’ll forward it to an engineer.

Please note, however, that there is nothing we can do to fix one particular song being unable to play - but we can let YouTube Music know about the issue, and they, presumably, can do something.

Thanks Corry. Switching between streaming platforms not great but will have to compromise for now.