Answered

Youtube music not working

• 17 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I have added YTube music as a music service but nothing happens. It says only no playlists available and I cannot search any song or anything else. I am also experiencing the problem with Spotify (stops when an advertisement starts). I have deleted and reauthorized the account several times. Is it possible to play YT music from my mobile and then connect to sonos?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 December 2023, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you read the information in the FAQ? While not specifically mentioned, I think there is a third type of YouTube Music account, which can not be used on Sonos, perhaps a promo account for media? I suspect if you were to search this forum, you’d find some discussion, if indeed your account is neither of the types in the FAQ. 

Unfortunately, you didn’t say what mobile device you use, nor did you indicate what Sonos speaker you’re trying to play on. Assuming you have a speaker that can accept the signals, either AirPlay 2 or Bluetooth can be used to send a signal from a mobile device to a Sonos. I happen to use a Sonos Roam for that purpose, and then group the Roam’s ‘room’ with the other Sonos ‘rooms’, so that I can get that signal to play anywhere. 

I use Sonos SL and Samsung mobile A52. The problem is that in the app youtube music does not provide any option apart from playlist which is empty. 

I’m afraid you may need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.