Answered

Youtube Music not playable

• 27 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Since moving from Google Play Music to Youtube Music I cannot play Youtube Music.

I have Youtube Music in my browse section of Sonos.

When  i click on > the only listed thing is my Playlists, there is no where to search for any sort of music or any other option.  SImply I cant find anything except for playlists

When I open browse other apps eg Sonos Radio it opens up with multiple stations to choose from.

Some things I have looked at Settings>Youtube Music>everything is switched onto green.

Sonos>Settings>Youtube Music>Account gives me option to remove account, change name, reauthorise.

Ideas

icon

Best answer by Smilja 28 October 2020, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @marran, thanks for reaching out and for the information that you gave. Sorry to know about your issue about Google Play Music to Youtube Music. I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Have you checked this article about YouTube Music Transfer tool for the migration from Google Play Music to youtube Music?
  • When you go to the native Youtube Music App, is it showing the same error? Or is everything normal on the main app?
  • Have you tried to another device controller where you have the Sonos App if Youtube music on Sonos still has issues on the other controller?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd your Youtube Music account on the Sonos App and totally remove the Google Play music account associated on the Sonos App?

Answers to those questions will help us check what could be causing this issue. Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thankyou Simon B, I appreciate that you have responded.

Answering each of your suggestions-

Yes-checked the article.

Youtube app working.

Tried iPad and iPhone apps.

Removed YouTube and readded Sonos app and removed Google Play app.

I have noticed that I get the following  message when I try to play my playlist “Unable to play Song title-access is denied”.

I added another app, choose it in browse in Sonos app and it plays perfectly.

How can I delete or add devices to YouTube Music? In the YTM app there are some unwanted devices.

There is no device named Sonos in the YTM app could that be a issue, but YTM is in the Sonos app under browse.

Do I have a YTM account after transferring my Playlist, how do I check? It’s like the playlist has transferred but I don’t have access to YTM in Sonos.

@marran, A subscription is required for YT Music on Sonos, the free tier is only available for uploaded tracks.

Smilja thankyou for your response.

What you say would explain my problem, thanks.