Answered

YouTube Music not listing full library

• 13 August 2020
  • 87 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

87 replies

Badge

The latest email from Sonos infers that once you’ve transferred your music from GPM to YTM you should remove GPM from Sonos music services. I haven’t done this yet as I’m not confident that all my GPM music has transferred properly. Does anyone know whether having both GPM and YTM as “live” music services in Sonos is a possible reason for YTM only showing an incomplete number of uploads?

Hi,

I’ve recently switched over to YouTube music as Google are closing Play Music but an having issues accessing my full library through the Sonos Desktop or Mobile app. Both the Artist & Albums listings are truncated. When I access them as follows:

YouTube Music →  Library → Albums → Uploads (only lists down to albums starting with ‘R’, everything after unavailable.)

YouTube Music →  Library → Artists → Uploads (only lists down to artists starting with ‘J’, everything after unavailable.)

Does anyone else have this issue? Anything I can do to get Sonos to let me browse my Full Catalog again like I could with Play Music?

Cheers!

I would think Sonos would work with Google/YTM for a solution if they want people to continue to buy their products 

Sonos is completely disinterested in support it’s customers 

This yet another example

they are only interested in selling more hardware 

pathetic company which has never properly resolved playing your own music via sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This yet another example

pathetic company which has never properly resolved playing your own music via sonos

i call BS on this. Sonos support over 60 different music services, all over the world. No other music system comes even close to that level of support or flexibility. The fact that some music services care more about their Sonos integrations more than others is sad but true.

You have a huge choice of music services, go try another one. Unhappy YTM customers seem to be liking iBroadcast. Trusting your music to an ad company isn’t really a the best idea.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You all are wasting your time, YTM has no interest in resolving this issue.  Switch to iBroadcast!!!  

This yet another example

i call BS on this. Sonos support over 60 different music services, all over the world. No other music system comes even close to that level of support or flexibility. The fact that some music services care more about their Sonos integrations more than others is sad but true.

You have a huge choice of music services, go try another one. Unhappy YTM customers seem to be liking iBroadcast. Trusting your music to an ad company isn’t really a the best idea.

I had no idea other choices were available.   Just my lack of knowledge.   Glad I found out here.  IBroadcast works great.   Hopefully it remains free. 

Had a live chat today and spent 20 minutes explaining that my library from YouTube Music was only loading up to the letter “B”.  After a few back and forth questions and answers, she told me “Let me check”….and has not been heard from since….the chat expired.  This is becoming very frustrating.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Had a live chat today and spent 20 minutes explaining that my library from YouTube Music was only loading up to the letter “B”.  After a few back and forth questions and answers, she told me “Let me check”….and has not been heard from since….the chat expired.  This is becoming very frustrating.

My library also only loads up to B and my issue has been open for a month or two. They have no answer for this and really don’t seem to care. I now use iBroadcast instead of YTM and it works great, is free, and is supposed to remain free. Check it out. YTM is a sham.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Just to let you know that this issue has been reported to our partner and we’re waiting for their response. We’ll keep you all posted here. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

We and the community are always here to help.

@Krishma M and Sonos team -- have same issue as vito72, any long tracks played from YT Music upload library on Sonos stop at around 12 minutes and skip to next. As noted, cannot start a track in the middle. This is not a problem for many, but a big issue for classical music (long tracks). Would be great to get an update when you have one!

Hi @Rob E, welcome to the Sonos Community, and thanks for the assistance, @controlav! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family. It is our pleasure.

Just to let you know that yes, some of the customers state that they are unable to see all of their uploaded music within YouTubeMusic on Sonos. Customers who recently migrated from Google Play Music to Youtube Music will likely notice this acutely. Below are the workarounds that we can provide for now.

1. Customers can still search for and play their uploaded content.
  2. Customers can still add search results to My Sonos / Favourites

And we have reported the issue to YouTube Music. We encourage the customers to report the issue to Youtube Music also. 

We’ll keep you posted here once we have an available update for you. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

This work-around is simply not a true fix… at least not for me.  In alphabetical order, my “Artist” listing stops at the letter ‘B’ (Bananarama, to be exact).  I subsequently searched for “The Whispers” and “Everything But the Girl” and SONOS says “no results” for those artists.

With literally over a thousand albums, this is very disconcerting.

Hi folks. Just to let you know that this issue has been reported to our partner and we’re waiting for their response. We’ll keep you all posted here. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Partner?

… as in Google playing fair - as a partner!?

Yeah - ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Switch to iBroadcast - seems to work a lot better than the YTM integration from the big ad company.

guy b - you can play them on Sonos but you have to search for them.  They are there even though they are not listed in your library.

An update to my last post:  I finally spoke to someone higher up at Sonos, and he explained that, contrary to what the Sonos and YTM tech support people told me, the issue is with YTM.  Sonos merely “reads” the data provided by the music provider, so there is an issue with YTM not feeding the correct information to Sonos.  He also told me that he doubts YTM is prioritizing resolving this issue since it probably affects only a small number of users.  He encouraged me to keep complaining to YTM.  I emailed them a couple times but never heard back.

EVEN WORSE, I found out that eventually YTM will *require* you to pay for a premium subscription (more than $12/month!) just to listen to your own music on your own speakers!  To me, this was unconscionable.  So I quit YTM.

Fortunately, I found iBroadcast, which provides a free cloud-based storage locker service that is both very easy to use and, more importantly, compatible with Sonos.  I would encourage folks to check it out if you’re only looking for a place to store and play your own music.  So far I’m really happy with it. 

checking out ibroadcast now. SONOS should be telling users not to waste their time with youtube music at all. Talk about not ready for prime time. 

iBroadcast free version only streams 128kbs ugh

What subscription level does iBroadcast need?
A Premium subscription is required for bitrates over 128kbps. 128kbps is included in the free tier.

Just set YouTube music up on my Sonos today following the shutdown of Google Play.  Found as others have done that there would appear to be some pagination issue in that the Sonos app only shows the first 100 albums or 100 artists.  Other artists and albums are all there, but the list display is bugged.

(I won’t even begin to comment on the sheer appallingness of a so-called music service that won’t let you display music by genre, or by albums for an artist.)

Would it be terribly much of an ask for Sonos as a commercial company to tell Google that their interface doesn’t work?  Or failing that to at least tell their users that that service does not currently work properly?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is there anything Sonos can or will do to have this issue fixed? I get nothing from YTM when I contact them. I sense that they either do not understand the issue or do not care. Either way, Sonos should have an interest in the quality of the products that they host from their service providers, such as YTM. Sonos success primarily depends on these service providers products. I am amazed at the lack of caring from both sides. Sonos is not cheap and the customer service here leaves much to be desired, and the lack of communication is very frustrating. 

Besides not transferring but 99 YT playlists, and transferring only music through the Bs. Too, I can’t figure out how to search my music though folks have indicated you can search for your music. WTF!! Google Play Music could do all of this seamlessly so what’s up Sonos. Sonos says it’s YTM’s fault, YTM says it Sonos’s fault. Just get together and FIX IT ASAP!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Besides not transferring but 99 YT playlists, and transferring only music through the Bs. Too, I can’t figure out how to search my music though folks have indicated you can search for your music. WTF!! Google Play Music could do all of this seamlessly so what’s up Sonos. Sonos says it’s YTM’s fault, YTM says it Sonos’s fault. Just get together and FIX IT ASAP!!!

You should just be able to search for an artist (one that begins with a letter after B of course) and it should show up in your search results in the YTM section. For example, I can only browse my artists into the Bs, but I can search ZZ Top and it will show up in my search results and I can access artists after “B” like that. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I see now that it will pull up my songs, albums, and artists, but it won't pull up my playlists that were exported to YTM. Any idea how to do that or to create new playlists? Or how to alphabetize the playlists Sonos did import?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sorry i don’t know. I don’t have any Google Play or YTM playlists. I create all my playlists using Sonos, did not import any playlists

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I really wish someone from Sonos would give us an honest answer here. Is YTM going to fix this? Is Sonos going to do anything about it? So far the overwhelming answer to both questions is no. Very frustrating. 

Thanks for the reply.

Badge

You should just be able to search for an artist (one that begins with a letter after B of course) and it should show up in your search results in the YTM section. For example, I can only browse my artists into the Bs, but I can search ZZ Top and it will show up in my search results and I can access artists after “B” like that. 

We should not have to search for what we have already placed in a library - simply wrong

Badge

I’ve been using Sonos for years for both streaming from music services and my personal library.  I have an extensive online library which years back I transferred from Rdio (best service I have used) to GPM and not unfortunately to YTM.  Reading this thread I am realizing that it seems futile to expect YTM to listen to a select group of users who depend on Sonos for streaming.  I’m having all the same issues as many have expressed here, and would like to know if a GPM or YTM library can be transferred to Apple Music or to Tidal (assuming I can stream it on Sonos)?  I have no faith that Sonos will get cooperation from Google to resolve our dilemma - they don’t give a rats a** to put it bluntly.

recommendations?