Youtube Music Library Fails to show all Content

• 17 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Sonos application is not showing full content of my YouTube Premium Library.

It seems that YouTube Music - Library - Songs is showing “YourLikes” playlist with 30 songs instead of All songs in my library. 

From YouTube music website I can see all the songs.

Search songs and playing playlist is working well.

Please help to fix browsing all songs in YouTube Music.

Diagnostic report: 1481104946

Troubleshooting performed:

1. Removed/Added YouTube service into sonos
  2. Restarted Sonos device and router
  3. Contacted Sonos Customer Care, which was unable to resolve this, case 02293203

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @AlexeyR, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community, thanks for sending a diagnostic report and sorry to hear about this issue on your Youtube Music Library. Upon checking, I can see that the Youtube Music service is added successfully on the Sonos App, and since you’ve tried some necessary troubleshooting steps like removing and reading the Youtube Music on the Sonos App. Have you tried it on a different controller device where you have the Sonos App to check if it is still the same? When did it start happening that you noticed this issue on the Youtube music service? Are there any changes that were made on the Sonos App or your Youtube Music service?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I have the same problem. Not all playlists I have in Youtube Music appear in the Sonos controller, some not even when I search for them by name.

(And wouldn’t it be nice if I could go to YTM > Library > Playlists, and see them sorted? I don’t even care in which order, but they’re not by date created, or by recently listened, or alphabetically by name or any other order I can understand!)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @McCrab, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community, Sorry to hear that you have the same issue on Youtube Music, Kindly try and answer the questions above so we can check further on this issue on what could be causing this to happen.

I have the same set of playlists displayed in both the MacOS and the Android controller apps. I recently (yesterday) created a new YTM playlist (on music.youtube.com), which is visible in the YTM app, but not in the Sonos app (either platform).

I would be delighted if I could simply use chromecast from the YTM app to play on the sonos speakers, the way this has worked in Google Play Music.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @McCrab, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, since you’ve tried some troubleshooting steps and still not working, we’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request for screen share or remote access to your device controller to check further about this issue and provide options to resolve this concern. 

Hi @AlexeyR, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community, thanks for sending a diagnostic report and sorry to hear about this issue on your Youtube Music Library. Upon checking, I can see that the Youtube Music service is added successfully on the Sonos App, and since you’ve tried some necessary troubleshooting steps like removing and reading the Youtube Music on the Sonos App. Have you tried it on a different controller device where you have the Sonos App to check if it is still the same? When did it start happening that you noticed this issue on the Youtube music service? Are there any changes that were made on the Sonos App or your Youtube Music service?

Hi Simon! Thank you for your message, I tried from Android and Windows applications (controllers), situation is the same.

I started noticing it few month ago. I moved from Google Play music to Youtube Music Premium beginningg of this year, and initially it seems it worked, but after some time I figured out I can’t browse my library anylore - it’s truncated 

Can I check - is it expected or not, I go to Youtube Music → Library → Songs and Press drop down icon on Songs and check Info & Options and can see it’s “Playlist: Your Likes” - why it’s Your likes? It should be all songs in Library? When I go inside I can see only songs from album “your likes“ instead of all songs. Is it possible to check this with Sonos technical team?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @AlexeyR, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. Since you tried other device controllers and did some troubleshooting steps and the issue persist, We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may require remote access or a screen-share feature for this concern so that they can pinpoint what could be causing this issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.