Answered

Youtube music doesnt work in the Sonos App

• 25 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Sonos App and even reauthorizing access.  It says “no selections available” and it seems like other may have had similar issues.  Nothing works.  Is there a mis-compatibility with YouTube music and Sonos?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 February 2023, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Irvineboy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I am personally listening to YouTube Music on Sonos as I type this, and not as a test - I’ve been doing so daily without issue. There are no compatibility issues, nor current service outages.

Uninstalling the Sonos app will have no effect as it is the speakers that connect to YouTube Music - the app is just a remote control for the speakers.

Instead, I recommend you remove YTM from your system completely, then add it again. Settings » Service & Voice » YouTube Music » Remove Account » Remove. This can be more effective than just Reauthorizing.

I hope this helps - if not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I have tried removing YouTube music and readding it back.  Same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Irvineboy 

Understood. Thanks for trying.

If rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds doesn’t help, then I can only suggest that you now get in touch with our technical support team in order to see what the speakers say about what’s happening.

I hope this helps.