Answered

YouTube Music - Authorization Error due to Google's secure browser policy

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I’m trying to use YouTube Music on my Sonos One (all worked correctly before)

It’s asked me to re-authorize app with a 9 digit code. After I enter the code: 

Access blocked authorisation error
You can’t sign in from this screen because this app doesn’t comply with Google’s secure browser policy. 
If this app has a website, you can open a web browser and try signing in from there. 

Error 403: disallowed_useragent

Phone is quite old (Huawei Mate 9) - have tried updating my web browser, still no cigar. 
YouTube account is not premium. 

Is this a Sonos issue or to do with my iron age phone? 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 October 2023, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s quite possibly your controller device as I’ve just tested it here and was able to add the ‘free version’ of the YouTube Music service. I pasted the generated code into Safari and then logged on and the service installed - I had to select a number that also appears in the Sonos App - but anyhow it all worked fine. Maybe just borrow an iOS device to setup the service within your Sonos system.

It’s quite possibly your controller device as I’ve just tested it here and was able to add the ‘free version’ of the YouTube Music service. I pasted the generated code into Safari and then logged on and the service installed - I had to select a number that also appears in the Sonos App - but anyhow it all worked fine. Maybe just borrow an iOS device to setup the service within your Sonos system.

Lovely, cheers Ken!  That worked -  I did try a less archaic mobile to install - and it’s sync’d to my account to use on the archaic mobile.  Weird error message though as implies it’s to do with Sonos app.   Anyway I guess things aren’t developed to go that far backwards.  (wistful nostalgia to Netscape 99)