YouTube Music and YouTube streamig

• 6 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Since last year I’m having issues streaming YouTube Music and YouTube (audio only) to my Sonos devices. I was able to stream YouTube to my Ones as well as to Sound bar paired with older Sonos 1s. Now when I try to stream something from YouTube (using my phone) content is being stopped and there is this “sad” face screen in YouTube.

The same is when I try to stream anything from YouTube Music using Sonos App.

I read some funny answers on this forum (like try to remove and re-add YouTube Music - yeah tried that, and it didn’t work) but no real answer why YouTube-related apps don’t play well on Sonos.

All I have is “Unable to play “song title here” - unable to connect to YouTube Music.

Oh.. and the Error logs, here you go:

Monday, February 6, 2023 - 9:11 AM Central Time
Unable to play 'Sacrifice' - unable to connect to YouTube Music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you confirm what YouTube subscription you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you have the free subscription, please see: YouTube Music on Sonos | Sonos

Badge

But I was able to stream (audio only) from regular YouTube (Premium account) to my Sonos. Right now nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

But I was able to stream (audio only) from regular YouTube (Premium account) to my Sonos. Right now nothing.

I’ve just noticed that you are based in Poland, your not listed in the availability section of the Sonos page linked above.  I don’t know if this has changed recently.

Badge

I’m based in USA - not sure why it shows you Poland?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m based in USA - not sure why it shows you Poland?

Sorry my mistake.  I must have gotten profiles mixed up...