YouTube Music

• 10 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi team,

I’ve successfully transferred Google Play to You Tube Music, I’ve succesfully added You Tube Music and actviated the account on my Sono’s account.

However, when I am using the Sono’s app, I cannot search for any music via You Yube, not by artist, playlist, nothing.

In the Browse section of the Sono’s app, I am able to see You Tube Music, but only Playlists appear and nothing more.

When I access a Playlist and try to play, it comes up with “Unable to play ‘Song Title’ - access is denied.

Appreciate some guidance and assistance here. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Joe Bellofiore.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

May I know if you are using a paid Youtube Music subscription?

I'd like to check some data from your system. Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi @Annazel S 

Same for me access denied…...

diagnostic send

regards 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rys5bru.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Are you using the Youtube Music paid subscription?

To better understand what’s going on, kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens.

If the diagnostic was already submitted, please reply with the confirmation number so I can review your system.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

@Annazel S : I have no paid subsription, here my number 833227968.

thank you regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rys5bru.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, it shows the transport error due to service access was denied and needs permission. 

You will need a subscription to YouTube Music or YouTube Premium to use YouTube Music on Sonos

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.