Answered

Yousee Musik does not allow multiple streams anymore

• 20 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

A couple of weeks ago, yousee musik stopped allowing multiple streams to the same Sonos system (at least for my system).

Have anyone else experienced this? And  do you know, if this is a bug or a new limitation from Yousee musik?

BR Torben

icon

Best answer by Xander P 2 April 2021, 11:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s unlikely anything would have changed from Sonos, they would still point to yousee’s servers for both authorization of account status, and data streaming. You may want check with yousee. 

Hi. I 6 Sonos products. I live i Denmark and use YouSee Music streaming service. My problem is that i can only stream music in one room at the time. If i start up a playlist in 2 different rooms they will play. But after one song, one of the playlist will stop playing and the other one will continue. I use to be able to play all the different playlists, in all the different rooms that wanted to.

Is that a limitation in the streaming service og is it a limitation from Sonos??? I have one old produkt, so i am using the Sonos S1 app. Could that have some influence?

It is pretty annoying, as i think that multiple streaming was the hole idea of Sonos.

Hope that you can help me with my problem.

Best regards

Lars G

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @TorbenR & @Lars_G,

Thanks for raising this with the community, we’ve checked this internally and we’re having the same experience - we’re able to start playback from YouSee Musik in multiple rooms, but this will only last for a single song.

No news to share right now, however we’ve notified the team so they can start investigating, and I’ll update the thread when there’s a fix :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi all, looks like this was a change implemented by YouSee Musik.

Not much we can do from our side to revert this unfortunately, as the Music Service is responsible for deciding what functionality is available via Sonos.

We’ve put in a request to have this change reflected on our information page about YouSee Musik, and for more information regarding this, I’d recommend reaching out to YouSee Musik directly :)

I have asked YouSee about the topic and this is their answer:

Hello Lars

I have heard that it has been possible, but it is not in the sense in relation to YouSee Music and therefore it is in line with the terms of the service. What you have been able to do so far can no longer be done.

There is nothing we can do about it, other than that it requires more logins / subscriptions.

Looks like I have to find another streaming service :-(