Answered

Windows 11

• 20 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I have used Sonos for several years on Windows 10 have have just upgraded to windows 11 and everything has gone pear shaped I have tried several things but Sonos will not log on to my system as a result I have had to disconnect my Sonos products a sub a music bar and a Sonos one in the past it was simple to connect but some thing has changed please please upgrade so it will interstate with 11

icon

Best answer by Markus57 24 January 2023, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi .Could you explain what you mean by "Sonos will not log onto my system"?

It is hard to believe that you are the first Sonos user to upgrade to Windows 11 so I doubt very much that this is anything but a local issue  

@Markus57,

The Sonos App should work okay with Windows 11 as others have it working - maybe see this thread for some suggestions to solve your issue…

Thanks gents I will keep trying 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

All works fine for me on Windows 11 - even the punctuation keys 😜

Could it be to do with firewall settings, could anyone comment?

I will check it out nike thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your WiFi network has likely switched to “public”, it needs to be marked as “private” to Windows for Sonos to work. Other Sonos apps (eg mine) actually check for this condition and give a specific error message, but the official Sonos app does not and just complains it can’t find anything.

Thanks for your help all finally cracked it 

reset each unit and reconnected only problem I have is the Ethernet cable in the bar does not seem to be working so l am toying with getting a boast unit