Skip to main content

Windows 10 Dekstop App not connecting to my Sonos system

• 14 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I am fairly new to Sonos.

I have a desktop computer running W10 connected to my router with an ethernet cable.

I also have iPhone and iPad with the Sonos S2 app on it.

I have more than one Wifi network. I have 3 but my Sonos is on just one.

I want to use the Sonos Desktop App but it will not find my Sonos setup

I have follwed both sets of guides which I have to say for the novice are excellent. (I am not a novice having worked in the computer world since 1979)

My settings were already correct.

It is almost like Sonos wants to only work on a wireless setup and is not supporting my wired network of my desktop.

I have an Era 300 and an Arc

I plan to add another 300 and probably a sub

Thanks

Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What’s providing your multiple WiFis? If you’re using extra routers for this you could have broken the local network into several IP subnets. Sonos controllers and players need to be on the same subnet. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

What’s providing your multiple WiFis? If you’re using extra routers for this you could have broken the local network into several IP subnets. Sonos controllers and players need to be on the same subnet. 

No, that is not it.

I have one router but I have some PowerLine adapters that have their own SSID and a mesh system that has its own SSID. It all goes back to the same router.

Is the mesh system in bridge/AP mode? Most come with integral routers in the primary node, enabled by default. 
As for the powerline, some makes don’t forward the contoller’s discovery broadcasts correctly. It’s one of the many reasons why Sonos doesn’t support EoP.