Skip to main content
Answered

why Sonos/iTunes music library visible on my windows 10 but not windows 11?

• 16 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Bought new Lenovo windows 11 laptop. Itunes music library not visible on sonos despite setting private network etc. However when remove music library setting in Sonos and add music library in Windows 10 folder my music is visible. How can I set up iTunes music library in Windows 11 or do I need to use Windows 10 link?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dougie A 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve have trying to add a music folder from Windows 11. At a guess, it may be because of file/folder permissions - please ensure that Sonos has access to the desired folder (generally, setting Everyone to have access works best). If you don’t know how to do this, or if you do but it doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and to remotely connect to your computer to help directly.

I hope this helps.