Skip to main content
Question

why is Sonos Favorites greyed out?

Seems the Sonos Favorites links on the home page of the app is greyed out and doesn’t actually play them if pressed. 

ps, you can delete and add them again, same issue greyed out and not useable. 

What are they linked to?

What are they linked to?

One is a station that’s link to my account like Pandora 

The account is authorized under Sonos, Pandora stations do show up if you want it as a favorite. 

I asked as I had some radio streams added with the old app that were like this and didn’t work. I had to delete and re-add them with a different app. But sounds like yours is a different problem. 

What’s strange if you click the edit button, they show up, not greyed out. New app frustrations. This app was never ready for prime time. 

I asked as I had some radio streams added with the old app that were like this and didn’t work. I had to delete and re-add them with a different app. But sounds like yours is a different problem. 

Yes I was thinking the same thing, but this isn’t the case. Pandora works but I have another account linked and authorized, checked it just to make sure. But can’t to activate the favorites links. 

Seems the Sonos Favorites links on the home page of the app is greyed out and doesn’t actually play them if pressed. 

Are you seeing this on the new Android app?

My Sonos Favorites are a mix of local library albums and streaming albums, and on the Android app the former are grayed out while the latter work okay. On the iOS all of them work okay.

Seems it also not working for Plex either, as any music you save to favorites, do not display correctly, greyed out. Same issue. 

Are you seeing this on the new Android app?

My Sonos Favorites are a mix of local library albums and streaming albums, and on the Android app the former are grayed out while the latter work okay. On the iOS all of them work okay.

It’s on an IOS app. They are greyed out, all except for Pandora. 

All Plex albums set to sonos favorites (IOS) are greyed out not playable. Plex works ok when directly accessed. 

personal library items set to sonos favorites work properly. 

That’s exactly what I’m seeing too.  What’s interesting, my now linked music library now shows up old queue’s. They show up correctly too, not greyed out. Play when pressed. Other linked accounts don’t, like Plex, but Pandora does. Seems there is a bug in which ones work correctly. Favorites for music library, Pandora all work correctly now. But others don’t. Sonos might get it fixed after 4 more updates, but I’m afraid they might break something else. 

My PC app works.  My iOS app works.  My Android app has half of my favorites greyed out.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app countless times.  This has been going on for weeks!!!

I’m having the same issue with my Plex albums. What I noticed is that when I add an album to the favorites, what actually gets added is the first song in that album and the selection is greyed out. This used to work in the prior app so I hope it gets fixed soon. I reported it right when the new app came out but they haven’t fixed it yet. 

same problem here on Android!

Same issue here all!  What makes this even worse is I only get to choose from my favorites to set an alarm on Sonos now with this new (redacted) app! Guess I’m stuck with what my alarm is currently set to until Sonos rebuilds this app from the ground up.  What I currently have in my hands is a big pile of kaka.  Get all your doodoo together Sonos, get it all together and put it in a bag, and go sell it at the kaka store!

Hmmm…I can set a favorite on iOS and it appears on my Android device and vice-versa.