Answered

Why does Sonos play the wrong songs / albums (when trying to select from amazon music)?

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

the sonos app (mac and iphone) keeps on playing random songs instead of the songs and albums i select. in addition, i cannot go into the albums themselves (when i tap/click on them, it stay on the same view, and starts playing random songs)

setup: 2 x Play:1, 1x playbar. Sonos S2 OS.

i have deleted the app, removed amazon music, reset the system, but the problem is still there.

i simply cannot play the music i want! Please help!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 November 2022, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There are several threads in Music Services and sources about this issue. 

tl:dr, Amazon changed their service, and hasn’t properly updated the Sonos API on it yet. 

Many thanks Bruce! Will check it out. It’s really cumbersome! 

Do y9u have an Amazon Unlimited subscription?  You need that to be able to play the full 70 million track library exactly how you want (as with other services’ premium offerings).

What happens if you play to Sonos using the Amazon app?  I would expect the same behaviour except for any music yu have purchased outright.

Been getting the same problem as you using the sonos app, but if I use amazon music app it plays correctly. Does this happen with you?