Skip to main content

Whole system disconnected after app update, can't reconnect

• 14 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi all, my Android app updated to a new version yesterday and I’ve had a bit of an ordeal… System is Arc/Sub/2xOne SL.

After updating I lost the ability to stream music to the speakers. In the new version of the app it showed my Arc as the only product in the system, but I couldn’t do anything with it. It knew the sub and rear speakers were there because there was an option to remove them from the system, but they weren’t visible and pressing to remove them just crashed the app every time with a single tap.

I assumed it was something gone slightly wrong during the app update, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This was a mistake.

Now I’m stuck on the app welcome screen, unable to even get into any settings or details because I apparently have no existing system, and there are no speakers or components available. Power cycling does nothing, pressing join button does nothing.

I’m stuck on the welcome screen watching a guy make a matcha latte over and over like a fever dream. I decide to rollback to the previous version of the app.

Previous (and previously working) version of the app loads and I have the same issue, no speakers available to pair, no system available to connect to.

I choose the nuclear (probably stupid) option: factory reset everything, lose everything, rebuild from scratch (it’s only 4 speakers, I just want them working). Every product appears available in the app. Arc pairs, Sub pairs (but with an error), first One SL pairs (but with an error), second One SL doesn’t pair and crashes the app. Going back in to the app, the system is unavailable. The Arc stills work when I play audio through my TV (connected via HDMI ARC), but I can’t stream anything and the app doesn’t believe any speakers exist. The fourth speaker is still sitting there with a solid red light.

The three devices that were able to connect but aren’t visible in the app are all connected and visible on my wifi network with a strong connection.

I’ve had no networking changes in the last year or so.

Please help me, I’m going to lose my mind.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

After another 4 hours of messing about with various states of disconnecting and reconnecting, I finally got the Arc and Sub added back to the system (in the newest version of the app). I tried to add the first of the One SLs and the app immediately switched back to “Your system not found on this network”, the Arc disappeared and I’m back to no system being available and no speakers being available because they’re all currently in a system.

Any advice?

Spent hours w approximately the same issue. Using IOS. In the morning, all was well. In the evening, couldn’t connect my Arc and my 2 Sonos Ones. Next day I could connect my Arc and one of my Sonos Ones, but NOT BOTH. If I connected one, the other one was, all of a sudden, not connected. When I tried to set up a stereo pair, only one of the Ones was detected. If there’s a problem w the Sonos App, just say so and I’ll stop trying to make it work until you’ve fixed it. 

Experiencing identical issue: nothing helps, not factory resetting devices, not reinstalling app, not using other android/ios devices. some speakers still play music when the play button is manually pushed , others do not. This is a huge time-drain and I originally chose the SONOS system to simplify life. Please acknowlegde and clarify resolution path on Sonos website instead of rendering inspirational videos that do not match user experience.

After new app my Sub 1 won’t connect. Arc, Move & Playbar are all there. I have disconnected & restarted several times NOT HAPPY. 

I have the same problem. I bought the Sonos Move and installing is fine, but as soon as the install has finished the app says “no products found” and “your system is not found on this network”. I’ve tried reinstalling the Sonos Move device 4 times now, using different wifi networks (obvs. with both phone/app and Sonos Move device), and the same problem keeps reoccurring. I don’t have time to be on the phone with Sonos for hours. This is really bad service. I don’t think I’ll ever buy Sonos again. 

I have solved this problem, I had to drill down further into my Arc setting, Sub was there all the time. Really do not like the new app, it takes more steps to get to where you need to than the previous one. I could saved myself a lot of time & stress if the answer was shown clearly somewhere.