Skip to main content

who else hates the new app?

• 8 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I guess Sonos doesn’t believe in the saying “if it’s not broke don’t fix it.” My biggest complaint is I can’t add to the queue after playback has started. Also, Slower response on app, can’t blend playlists from different services, etc etc. I have to use my computer to get the flexibility I need. All of which was available in the old app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I hate it, but I am beginning (at a pace that would make a snail seem zesty) to get used to it. It still doesn’t make me like it any the more; if/when Sonos replace the missing features, when will people know that they have? I am 100% avoiding any updates, esp. on the desktop app, as using that tool is the only way of being able to set a timer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I guess Sonos doesn’t believe in the saying “if it’s not broke don’t fix it.” My biggest complaint is I can’t add to the queue after playback has started. Also, Slower response on app, can’t blend playlists from different services, etc etc. I have to use my computer to get the flexibility I need. All of which was available in the old app.

The update this week added Play Next and also Add to Queue. Doesn’t solve all your issues but does answer your biggest complaint.

I hate it, but I am beginning (at a pace that would make a snail seem zesty) to get used to it. It still doesn’t make me like it any the more; if/when Sonos replace the missing features, when will people know that they have? I am 100% avoiding any updates, esp. on the desktop app, as using that tool is the only way of being able to set a timer.

Sleep timer functionality is back as of the last mobile update.  Tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen to access the timer.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks. I’m annoyed with Sonos that, after a week of more ads from Sonos on my email etc., I had to come on here to find out that there’s an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Many thanks. I’m annoyed with Sonos that, after a week of more ads from Sonos on my email etc., I had to come on here to find out that there’s an update.

To be fair, your apps should be updating automatically.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

To be fair, your apps should be updating automatically.

That’s true. I should’ve been clearer and said that I’ve been trying to avoid auto updates, as the only way I can do sleep timers is on my non-updated iMac.