Skip to main content

How do I mute on the new Android app? Help!!

After a lengthy 30 minutes wait in the queue to tec support a few days ago I was given the following advice;

"If you hover over the volume button the mute button appears"

Erm, no it doesn't, how can you possibly "hover" over the app, surely they are referring to a desk top cursor?

I tried again, another lengthy wait in a tiresome queue, only to be told this time that if you select the lower volume icon in the app the mute button will appear.

Well, it doesn't. 

Each time my wait in the lengthy queue meant I wasn't longer in range of my sonos system so I couldn't check any of what they were telling me until I got back home and unfortunately it appears to me gat this function is no longer available which is aright pisser as we always use this if the phone rings in the office or someone knocks at the door and you just want to quickly mute the music for a few seconds rather than press stop and then having to wait and age to reconnect. 

SONOS!!!! We need the mute button back. Pausing is NO GOOD for me (I do not want to listen to the starting commercials for the radio station I listen to each time I “un-pause”).