Skip to main content

I can't seem to find the Mute button, in either the new app or in the web app. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Same for me.

You used to be able to mute by pressing the left speaker in the volume control but not any more.

Is the only way to mute now to turn the volume all the way down?

No Mute button. How is this an improvement?

Yes, where is the speaker mute button on the new app?  This seems like an insane oversight!  I constantly mute and unmute speakers.  It’s much easier than connecting and disconnecting speakers.

Where oh where art thou mute option??? Hmmm so I can’t mute ads anymore??? 🤔

Hover over the volume control at the lower right of the screen and the mute control appears. This is a good design but they need to tell us where to find it. It took me quite a while.

And now it doesn’t work! I guess we are in beta land.

Come on Sonos. Get the mute button back ASAP.

I too need the mute button. How can something so basic be missing?

Where’s the mute button?!? 😤 and so on …. as mentioned by ...

Sonos new app missing most features that were available in prior app version

You released a buggy new app version, removing crucial features and rendering it useless, even breaking my Sonos System. Despite promises of better ultimate listening experience, you're only planning to reintroduce these features later as if they're new and per your support staff this was actually planned to remove features and provide them back with later updates. This decision is inexcusable. Let me know when my Sonos system will work again because your new app is useless.  How did you decide what features are important enough to bring back in the updates in your new Sonos app.  Just curious which ones you think are important to your customers.  I mean we pay for the products so maybe we should have had a voice.

Bad bad update-no mute function?

That stinks. Please fix Sonos!!’

Tried hovering my finger over control as instructed earlier. No mute button appeared. 
My wifi is not wonderful so I’ve always found it easier and quicker to mute and unmute radio instead of turning it off. Really not happy with this new app. 👎

Muting is also a much greener way of saving power as it draws less current than disconnecting or pressing stop on the music with the amplifier still running at the same volume but amplifying silence.

IMHO, the new app is horrible.  Please give the old one back!  It was pushed to my Android phone with no notice at all and the missing mute is just one problem.   This looks like an Alpha release... not even a reasonable Bata.  

I totally agree that a mute button is very useful. Please reinstate or let me download pld version

Getting to the individual speaker volumes now takes more time AND there’s no mute? Wow. 

Removing 3 of the main features I use all the time is NOT ‘...redesigned and better than ever.’ !!!

Whoever approved that tag to be associated with this new app needs sacking and labelling and complete liar.

• Cannot mute a speaker as part of a group.
  • Cannot set a sleep timer.
  • Cannot set an alarm.
  • Increased the amount of clicks it takes to do anything.

I fail to see how that is an improvement. Time to look for new speaker setup as it’s not worth upgrading my current speakers if that is the company attitude.

Has there been a fix yet? It also kicked my roam off the network completely and won’t allow to reconnect. Told me to call support, which had 250 minute wait time at 10 pm?

This app update is a disaster. When will Sonos start listening to their customers and stop messing around with something that almost works!!!!!

I’d love to know who beta tested this new app!!! Absolutely appalling from Sonos that they’ve not rolled back to the previous app while this absolute debacle is sorted!

I literally created my account today to complain about this ridiculous omission.

I spent five figures on Sonos equipment last year alone.

Do better Sonos.

Let me guess...I bet the premium paid subscription still has the mute function

What premium paid subscription?

Sonos premium radio without commercials 

Huh. I hadn’t noticed this thread had anything to do with Sonos Radio, just the Sonos controller in general. 

I could be totally wrong on that. Maybe just me being cynical