Skip to main content
Question

Where is the Alarm and sleep timer?

The alarms and sleep timer are gone in the new app? Did sonos really destroy such essential features or is this a bug? 

I really hope they didnt just go "fork the paying user" on us here, a ton of us use and rely on those every single day. Gonna look for a money back option here

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

95 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Frank77

@Frank77

According with the below  post, the alarms are now availbale (New update) - I trying to find it….

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

• Adding and editing alarms
  • VoiceOver on iOS now properly interacts with individual elements of the Sonos app's home screen.

Thanks for the heads up @Rvivar. There was an update to the sonos app just now, but still no alarm settings anywhere to be found sadly, even after a few restarts.

Instead the “Groups” feature has now turned grey/disabled so I can’t use that anymore - so if anything the app just got even more broken 😓 This is sooo way beyond ridiculous by now

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Frank77

@Frank77

According with the below  post, the alarms are now availbale (New update) - I trying to find it….

Available now

To access these changes, check for updates in the iOS / Android app store to download the latest version of the Sonos app. Make sure your Sonos products are also up to date.

• VoiceOver on iOS now properly interacts with individual elements of the Sonos app's home screen.

Thanks for the heads up @Rvivar. There was an update to the sonos app just now, but still no alarm settings anywhere to be found sadly, even after a few restarts.

Instead the “Groups” feature has now turned grey/disabled so I can’t use that anymore - so if anything the app just got even more broken 😓 This is sooo way beyond ridiculous by now

@Frank77 

I found it. You have to update the APP and your system.  At the begining I only uopdate teh APP and I didn´t find it. Now I have update the Sonos system 1 one step all the devices, as usual.(AMPx2, Port, Beam, Play1x2) And now I got it

See ìctures below (in Spaisn)

1 Update teh APP

2.- Update the system

2 Alarms is back

Userlevel 5
Badge

Frank77

@Frank77

Available now

Thanks for the heads up @Rvivar. There was an update to the sonos app just now, but still no alarm settings anywhere to be found sadly, even after a few restarts.

@Frank77

I found it. You have to update the APP and your system.  At the begining I only uopdate teh APP and I didn´t find it. Now I have update the Sonos system 1 one step all the devices, as usual.(AMPx2, Port, Beam, Play1x2) And now I got it

See ìctures below (in Spaisn)

1 Update teh APP

2.- Update the system

Amazing, I can now set my alarms! ⏰ Thanks a lot, the system update of all my speakers did the trick. So far so good, still missing a lot of features but at least it’s not all taking months to bring back

Oui je confirme, l’alarme ⏰ est revenue 🙏🏻 !! Soulagement ultime  ! Mise à jour de l’app + des enceintes à faire. Merciiiiii aux développeurs, nous respirons de nouveau👌🏻

I relied on the sleep timer EVERY NIGHT. I cannot fathom WHY they would remove it. I hate this update. I can’t roll back. I was almost ready to sell my equipment after this lame “go backward” update. SONOS PLEASE RESTORE WHAT YOU REMOVED. 

Attention, je découvre que les alarmes sont liées aux enceintes… Je l’utilise sur ma Play1, et ce matin sur ma roam, l’onglet Alarme avait disparu… Une fois la roam mise à jour, elle est revenue ! Pas très logique à mon sens… Enfin.. l’essentiel est que l’alarme soit revenue !

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t have a 2nd update and still no alarm or sleep

Userlevel 1

I have updated both my phone and PC and still no alarm settings.  But… I found my old phone that still has the “old” version App installed and I now have a Sonos App that works!

Badge

I'm so disappointed that the sleep timer is not on the new app. I guess I won't be getting lulled to sleep anymore. [Insert sad face here]

Please tell me the sleep timer and alarms

will return

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have the option to set alarms - but they don’t work. When I turn on the alarm in the app and press “save”, it doesn’t actually save it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Let me add my voice to this

Wake up having had the Sonos Ap updated at night (probably like most of us set to automatically update as the number of updates is impossible to keep up with now)

Can’t use the app as the interface has changed, can’t find anything and asked ot spend time setting stuff up all while trying to turn my alarm off and being unable to do so

Why would this get rolled out

Thankfully as someone pointed out you can get to it from the Sonos App on your desktop (can’t speak to windows but this worked for Apple Sonos App). It also required a system update (despite the fact I checked in the iPhone app and it said my system was up to date??)

I was able ot get to alarms and at least turn them off - a sub-optimal outcome from a utility that I like many others use all the time

Disappointed!!!!!!

Shattered that the two features I use every morning and every night, being the Alarms and Sleep timer, have suddenly without notice or consultation, been discontinued. 
I now have to buy some type of unit to replace Sonos in my bedrooms so I can wake up to go to work and listen to my music at night as I go off to sleep. 
why would such a great company do this. 
I don’t understand these decisions at times.

Disappointed!!!!!!

Shattered that the two features I use every morning and every night, being the Alarms and Sleep timer, have suddenly without notice or consultation, been discontinued. 
I now have to buy some type of unit to replace Sonos in my bedrooms so I can wake up to go to work and listen to my music at night as I go off to sleep. 

They are back for most people. Have you checked in Settings>Manage. It should appear there if you’ve updated your app AND firmware. 

Disappointed!!!!!!

They are back for most people. Have you checked in Settings>Manage. It should appear there if you’ve updated your app AND firmware. 

Thanks for the rapid response Bumper. 
I still can’t seem to find the sleep timer, however as a result of your advise, I have found the alarms. 
Is there any chance you could point me in the right direction for the sleep timer? 
Thanks very much. 

Disappointed!!!!!!

Thanks for the rapid response Bumper. 
I still can’t seem to find the sleep timer, however as a result of your advise, I have found the alarms. 
Is there any chance you could point me in the right direction for the sleep timer? 
Thanks very much. 

Sleep timers are not back🤬. Maybe in a month. 

@Rvivar I did everything you did, but still no Alarm option in my app. I have I OS and a Move 2 speaker. 

Something is still wrong with the app. Does anyone know how ro get the Alarm feature to show in the app?
Yes, I have restarted the phone after downloading latests app and latest hardware update. Still no alarm option in the app. Help please

I have Sonos App for iOS. 
Sonos OS: S2

version: 16.2

hardware version: 1.40.1.7-2.1

Where has the sleep option and alarm settings gone. 2 valuable features gone !!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

So for those in the US struggling with this - here is my experience

The Mac version of the Sonos App when activated will update the Sonos system

Once that is done the alarms are available on the Mac OsX Sonos app

The Alarms are also available in the iPad OsX Sonos app

BUT

The Alarms are not available in the iPhone Sonos App

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Rvivar I did everything you did, but still no Alarm option in my app. I have I OS and a Move 2 speaker. 

Something is still wrong with the app. Does anyone know how ro get the Alarm feature to show in the app?
Yes, I have restarted the phone after downloading latests app and latest hardware update. Still no alarm option in the app. Help please

I have Sonos App for iOS. 
Sonos OS: S2

version: 16.2

hardware version: 1.40.1.7-2.1

@HansF 

Sorry I have Andorid and another speakers. In my instalaltion (Play1, Beam2, Prt, AMP, ROAM,...) we have to switch on all the devices and the APP update all the devices. Once is finished I have the Alarms avilable.

BR

Rodrigo