Answered

Where is the Alarm and sleep timer?

Userlevel 5
Badge

The alarms and sleep timer are gone in the new app? Did sonos really destroy such essential features or is this a bug? 

I really hope they didnt just go "fork the paying user" on us here, a ton of us use and rely on those every single day. Gonna look for a money back option here

icon

Best answer by Alienman101 10 May 2024, 00:11

View original

85 replies

Userlevel 1

Really terrible that they’re making paying customers beta test their incomplete app. Seems like their UI team is just designing for the sake of designing. Missing the alarm in a release like this totally inexcusable and whoever rushed this out the door should be fired. 

Userlevel 1

Is anyone experiencing latency/lag on volume control etc?  This is also of concern…

Userlevel 2
Badge

Title: "Disappointing Update: Alarm Management Moved to Website"

I recently noticed that the app underwent a significant overhaul, boasting a fresh new look and some promising features. However, I was left scratching my head when I discovered that alarm management, once conveniently handled within the app, has now been inexplicably shifted to the website.

As a user who relied heavily on the app for its seamless alarm customization, I find this change utterly baffling. The app was intuitive and user-friendly, allowing me to effortlessly set and adjust alarms with just a few taps. Now, having to navigate to the website feels like a step backward in terms of convenience and accessibility.

While I appreciate the efforts to modernize the app, this particular decision to remove alarm functionality feels like a misstep. I hope the developers reconsider and reintegrate this essential feature back into the app, restoring the ease and efficiency that initially drew users like myself to it. Until then, I can't help but feel disappointed by this update.

I can’t find where to manage in the web app. I’m going through the Sonos website to the Web App. 

The alarms and sleep timer are gone in the new app? Did sonos really destroy such essential features or is this a bug? 

I really hope they didnt just go "fork the paying user" on us here, a ton of us use and rely on those every single day. Gonna look for a money back option here

Seriously, WHY!  I used it all the time

Userlevel 1

As Sonos obviously has a way to track how people use their products, they can see that many rely on daily alarms for their morning routine. Releasing an app update that doesn't include that functionality is baffling. 

Sonos, this is serious, maybe it's time to eat some humble pie and let people revert to an old app until you fix this (I did via an APK download, but most people wouldn't want to deal with that).

Very disappointing Sonos. 

Loyal customer since 2008

Userlevel 1

Indeed, as a dealer, I’ve made the same point to Sonos regarding the client usage data they will hold and how that should inform their app development.  As per my earlier post today, I understand these functions will be restored with alarm coming first

Wish I had read this before updating🤬

Disgusting that they have removed the alarm.

Can seem to find my Boost or Connect 🤬 use my Connect for playing CDs 🤬🤬🤬

Title: "Disappointing Update: Alarm Management Moved to Website"

I recently noticed that the app underwent a significant overhaul, boasting a fresh new look and some promising features. However, I was left scratching my head when I discovered that alarm management, once conveniently handled within the app, has now been inexplicably shifted to the website.

As a user who relied heavily on the app for its seamless alarm customization, I find this change utterly baffling. The app was intuitive and user-friendly, allowing me to effortlessly set and adjust alarms with just a few taps. Now, having to navigate to the website feels like a step backward in terms of convenience and accessibility.

While I appreciate the efforts to modernize the app, this particular decision to remove alarm functionality feels like a misstep. I hope the developers reconsider and reintegrate this essential feature back into the app, restoring the ease and efficiency that initially drew users like myself to it. Until then, I can't help but feel disappointed by this update.

I can’t find where to manage in the web app. I’m going through the Sonos website to the Web App. 

I’ve gone through the Sonos site to connect to the web app. Sorry to disappoint you guys but there is absolutely no sign of alarm setting there. What a shambles this so called update is. Where are the Sonos people to talk to us in here. All gone home to scratch their heads over the weekend? 

Sign of a sloppy company. Poor app release. No communication whatsoever. Customers unhappy left right and centre. Total shambles. 

My settings button doesn’t offer a Manage button so I can’t edit my alarms. This is insane. Can someone please offer help? I’m working from the MACos app as the advice suggested.

How am I to turn off the alarm I'd set before the update?! Absolutely ridiculous

Hey Sonis are you consuming drugs? I be am really messed up about such a catastrophic sw release.

Really terrible that they’re making paying customers beta test their incomplete app. Seems like their UI team is just designing for the sake of designing. Missing the alarm in a release like this totally inexcusable and whoever rushed this out the door should be fired. 

It’s hard to believe they missed one of the most important features of their own product!!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Is it a joke ????? No more alarm ??? 🤬🤬🤬

I just spent over an hour getting to on line chat only to be told tough alarm and sleep is not on the app . It may be added when a lazy engineer can be bothered to look at it.

I was told I can do it on the Web app but as I was Beta testing web app it is updated so can't use it. 

Already have many days when alarm either comes on to chimes instead of radio or on some occasions wrong station, with another radio station named on app.

13 years and 12 speakers... I have at least 4 alarms a day plus sleep when late night one goes wrong or drops out

Is this really how quality speakers should work?

Yea just unbelievable, Sonos must get back on their game or I'm switching to a competitor. I bought the One because it had the alarm function and they took the whole purpose out of it... 

New app no alarm?

Come on Sonos you’re better than this. Such an essential feature that you’ve ditched. With no warning or consultation on the new app. 

Maybe this is my cue to ditch the whole system. Unless it’s fixed quick. Anyone know the eta of an app that works?

Wtf sonos. Literally the most used feature aside from streaming music? 

In the German WindowsApp the alarm and the sleep timer are still present, only Android-app is concerned, but other features are gone. MyTunerRadio-Favorites can no more be choosen.

Userlevel 3

Share the fury that the alarm function has gone - insanity - but:

Some people say we can manage alarms (temporarily) on the web app, others say they can't find it on the web app. I can't find it when I look at the web app, the setting is just not there.

So are we saying it's available to some people on the web app and not others? And if so, what's different about setups that can and can't see that setting in the web app?

I just want to turn my existing alarms off!

This whole app update has been so poorly managed. Trending on social media for the loss of a key function - alarm - and for the amateur feel UI is the very least Sonos should expect. We are a family of 5 with 3 different alarms set each day for the different times family members have to wake. Guess we’re going old school and buying alarm clocks for everyone until this is fixed and Sonos will be getting the invoice. 

Userlevel 2

My alarm goes off every morning just as with old app. Problem is it does not appear in system settings as directed by new app or as with previous version. I can not alter the alarm, cancel the alarm, or add a new alarm. I have another post regarding iPhone that is not capableof turning off or changing music initiated by another device.  
This product is early beta!

Didn't just use for alarms had a set routine so my house felt that whilst I was away the sonos system would come on randomly as programmed to feel someone at home .A deterant this is now out the window .Need to sell up and buy into some other product 🤔 

This app seems to have removed two of the features that I use most: alarms and save to playlist from queue.

I am appalled at this. Sonos please put all previous features back or explain why they have been removed.