Skip to main content

Where are the network settings?

• 21 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Trying to update my setup from SonosNet to WiFi, but under the Network → Manage Network options, there’s just a blank screen.  Was expecting “update network” according to the help article.

Has this been removed in the new version of the app too?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrWhite22 

Thanks for your post! Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The facility to program new WiFi details into the new app has been temporarily removed until it is functional. Please expect a resolution for this in mid-June.

I recommend you continue to use SonosNet in the meantime - the only other workaround would be to factory reset your entire system and set it all up from scratch, but that would result in a loss of all Sonos playlists, favourites, services and settings - I do not recommend it.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Corry P

Not your fault, obviously, but the omission of this hugely fundamental part of the app is another incredible and significant facepalm in a series of incredible and significant facepalms.

How on earth did anyone think “No-one is going to need to set up their Sonos with a new wifi in the coming weeks, they probably won’t even notice. Remove that functionality and release the app!”

@Corry P

Not your fault, obviously, but the omission of this hugely fundamental part of the app is another incredible and significant facepalm in a series of incredible and significant facepalms.

How on earth did anyone think “No-one is going to need to set up their Sonos with a new wifi in the coming weeks, they probably won’t even notice. Remove that functionality and release the app!”

Unfortunately, it appears the discussion didn’t even contain this level of detail.  It was “We promised our investors new hardware by June, release the app!”  To quote that great sage James Hetfield, “Nothing else matters!”

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Had an email asking me to select the best answer!  I can’t, in all honesty, select the one that says they consciously removed the functionality from the app but it’ll be back soon 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrWhite22 

That’s fair! I’ve converted this thread to a conversation - it will no longer require a Best Answer to be marked.

I hope this helps.