Skip to main content

Sonos.. Sonos.. Sonos.. 

Honestly the service you provide is awful at the moment (the app).

Since the recent update nothing works properly.

(I play music through Amazon on my sonus)

-extremely laggy (more than before the update), just bad!

- playing music sometimes just won't work ("something went wrong") 😠

- and the thing I find most annoying, is that I can't play a playlist, I have to now (not even clicking on a song works, have to "replace que") play one song, then select another, and so on. One by one, grinds my gears!!!.

Premium product? I don't think so!

Sort it, please!! Ur gonna lose Ur customers, and send an email out to everyone acknowledging the issues and a time frame for sorting it.

My speakers are just useless at the moment!! 

Thanks

Adam 

Sonos.. Sonos.. Sonos.. 

Honestly the service you provide is awful at the moment (the app).

Since the recent update nothing works properly.

(I play music through Amazon on my sonus)

-extremely laggy (more than before the update), just bad!

- playing music sometimes just won't work ("something went wrong") 😠

- and the thing I find most annoying, is that I can't play a playlist, I have to now (not even clicking on a song works, have to "replace que") play one song, then select another, and so on. One by one, grinds my gears!!!.

Premium product? I don't think so!

Sort it, please!! Ur gonna lose Ur customers, and send an email out to everyone acknowledging the issues and a time frame for sorting it.

My speakers are just useless at the moment!! 

Thanks

Adam 

If your system was laggy before the update, you might have a network issue that’s been made worse with the new app.  Are you using Sonosnet (e.g. one of your speakers are wired to your router) or are all your speakers wireless?

Their both wireless, but I have EE fibre. But the laggyness I can deal with, the main issue is the playlist problems .

Thanks 

Wasnt thinking the laggyness was an issue with your internet, rather an issue with wifi.  My experience has been Sonos gets very sensitive with wifi in ways othwr devices dont and the new app may be even more so.

Unfortunately, "Something wemt wrong" is very common with the new app.

Maybe I'll look into that, but I have found out I can just use the Amazon app to cast the music to the Sonos speakers, so that is a relief! 

Thanks 

Go back to the old software, I had all the same problems as you are having.  All of my issues are fixed and everything works super fast.   Get 16.1, there are articles on reddit for doing this.  Trust me, it's the best fix, sonos isn't going to fix it any time soon.

Go back to the old software, I had all the same problems as you are having.  All of my issues are fixed and everything works super fast.   Get 16.1, there are articles on reddit for doing this.  Trust me, it's the best fix, sonos isn't going to fix it any time soon.

There’s one in this community as well.

👍 cheers guys, sonus should take a lesson in the 'customer communication' the owners have.

Reverting to 16.1 is the only solution currently (I am on Android).

The only annoyance is that I now have to manually update all my apps so I don't get the new Sonos app. But it's better than not being able to use my speakers.

Reverting to 16.1 is the only solution currently (I am on Android).

The only annoyance is that I now have to manually update all my apps so I don't get the new Sonos app. But it's better than not being able to use my speakers.

This post has steps for turning off auto updates for the Sonos app only. I haven't tried it yet.

The "fix" is to downgrade

So frustrating that this hasn’t been resolved yet.  I’m honestly losing faith that they will get this right.  I’m now out 5K and am looking into a new system.  This company hasn’t done a thing to make this situation any better.  It’s a joke and everyone involved with pushing out this app should be fired!

Sonos if you are listening . I was just about to buy over 10 amps .For a customer of mine . No thanks I won't be letting you ruin my business reputation. You are deplorable . Before you release a new app give the option to go back to the old one without pushing the update Knowing that it has major issues. Shame on you . You are no longer in my short list as a vendor . 

They my be tried of hearing from me but just fix the app, has always been unstable, so I can play my music from my computer. 

I am old and not a techie. I listened to above ideas and deleted new app and installed the old one. Thanks a lot. System is back. 

I have been a big fan of Sonos but that has ended. This is unbelievable. 

I agree. They are terrible company. I heard after this their stock tanked

Same for me. Right now, my speakers are worth their Bluetooth functionality, that's all.

https://en.community.sonos.com/search/activity/topics?userid=8203530

I have found following Sonos’ train wreck of a PR response absolutely astounding the past two months.  It is as interesting as Bidens painful public demise.  Not sure which is worse.
Mistakes happen, people accept that, though to treat everyone like pricks and ignore them when they are reaching out for support is deplorable.  PR team and executives need to roll.

What is super interesting is there doesn’t appear any media interest.  No bloggers or anything are getting any traction with investigations etc.  it is radio silent out there for something that 100% of every comment on Sonos socials posts is hate mail.  Where’s the YouTube videos reporting on this?