When using the Sonos App, my Spotify playlists are now in random sequence.

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have one Sonos device: a Sonos One SL.
I run the Sonos app on a Windows 10 PC.
I keep my Sonos app and firmware up to date. (It is currently on version 16.1)
I bought and use my Sonos device to play songs from my Spotify playlists.
(The only thing I have in my Sonos Favorites is "Playlists From Spotify".)

Before today, my playlists showed up in the sequence I have them organized
on Spotify, so it was easy to find and select which playlists I want to play from.
They are now showing up in random sequence.

I have around 220 categorized Spotify playlists, and I generally select a different
subset to listen to in shuffle mode every day. Having that many playlists in random
sequence makes it extremely difficult to find the playlists I want to listen to,
and it makes something I use constantly every day almost totally useless.

I don't know if this is your problem or Spotify's but I need to get some sort of
resolution.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The order of Spotify playlists shown in the Sonos app is 100% determined by Spotify.

You are the second person to note that this order changed recently.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you. I have reported this problem to Spotify.
It appears that they’ve implemented some major changes recently.

Badge

I have the exact same problem and noticed a similar thread being discussed by Sonos users in the Spotify Community. It started around 2 weeks ago for me too and i tried everything from uninstalling and resetting my controller, my spotify app, reset my sonos devices but the issue has not been resolved. Over 300 playlists of mine which have been meticulousy custom ordered on spotify are appearing randomly (or most likely as per "recently played," order) in my sonos app, making it annoyingly difficult to find playlist on spotify.

Please sort out asap

Slightly different issue here and I don't know if this is recent because I rarely use the Sonos App, preferring to cast from Spotify on my phone. I have about 30 Spotify playlists, all of which are seen in the Sonos controller via my Mac. But in the Sonos s1 app on the phone, only ten of these are to be seen. Any ideas on why this should be so?