Skip to main content
Question

whats happened to Ibiza Global Radio, Ibiza Sonica etc?

Hello 👋🏼 since the new app upgrade I’ve lost all of my radio stations they’ve disappeared! Very disappointed with Sonos as my speakers are now redundant ☹️. Does anyone know how I can get the stations back please? Mainly all stations within Ibiza Sonica, Ibiza Global radio, Blue Marlin Ibiza and Deep House Radio. Seems like Sonos gets more difficult to use every time it’s updated, seriously considering getting rid and going elsewhere. TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Badge

Hi I have the same problem. 
After the previous rubbish upgrade when I had to add my speakers back to the app as they disappeared. I was about to get rid of them until Sonica came back straight away. 

This upgrade though is dreadful. 
I can see Sonica in my favourites on my MacBook but not the app. 
I’ve added Tunein which is woeful. 

I then tried to add Sonica back to favourites on the MacBook after adding it back in (deleted and re-added) and it says ‘favourite already exists’. Check the app and it’s still not in my favourites. 

Check in Tunein and the station isn’t there at all. 

Garbage. If they weren’t hard wired into my kitchen (don’t ask) I’d be tearing them down. Why couldn’t they just leave it alone!

#sonica #ibizasonica #fixthisplease

They are playing via Sonos Radio as TuneIn streams (with irritating pre-roll adverts). 

Badge

I don’t see Ibiza Sonica under Sonos radio. 
Apologies if this isn’t what you mean!

It’s still odd that I can’t see a favourite in the app that I can see in the app on a laptop/desktop etc 

If anyine has an answert to this let me know. Tune in blocks Ibiza country content for pure global and Ibiza global radio. Ive managed somehow to play via airplay through sonos (not sure how as there wasnt an option to airplay)but it wont let me favourite them in the app. All help appreciated.

If anyine has an answert to this let me know. Tune in blocks Ibiza country content for pure global and Ibiza global radio. Ive managed somehow to play via airplay through sonos (not sure how as there wasnt an option to airplay)but it wont let me favourite them in the app. All help appreciated.

You need to precisely state the name of the stations you want. I've no idea what 'Ibiza country content for pure global and Ibiza global radio' means. 

Badge

I have solved this;

Here is what I did.

Install the TuneIn App onto your phone.

Within the app follow these instructions;

https://help.tunein.com/en/support/solutions/articles/151000172207-what-is-a-custom-url-

(Essentially next to “Home” at the bottom of the TuneIn App, select Library. Hit Custom Url (middle of the screen)

Add whichever station you want from here:

(For Sonica I added; http://94.75.227.133:8136)

Make sure you press the heart icon to save as a favourite.

Go back to the Sonos App.

Install TuneIn App from within the Sonos App.

Authorise the use of the TuneIn App by Signing in with your Google or Apple account.

Once that's signed in with the credentials from the TuneIn App (at the first step of this process).

Go to the TuneIn app under Favourites you will see the Radio Station.

I hope this works, I don't think I missed any steps out but if I did please let me know and I will see if I can edit this post to include.

I don't believe that you need to do the above in the same order but it worked for me following it logically. Also don't sign up for the TuneIn premium (the cross to ignore I hidden at the top right of the screen on your phone!)

Happy listening. 

Tha is for this. I already have me in on my phone and I have added the url into my library and added it as a favourite, but every time I add Ibiza global radio, or pure Ibiza and also sonica I receive an error saying it isn’t available in the Uk. 
secondly when I then go to tune in via Sonos there isn’t an option to access my favourites.

any ideas? 

There is some licencing./commercial dispute which impacts UK users of myTuner.  I don't think Sonos can do much about it. 

You might be able to circumvent the problem by using a VPN - time, effort, & no guarantee it would work. 

Ok I have the same problem.

Until the recent upgrade of the Sonos Controllers (on Mac, PC and Android), I would add a station from “Manage:Add Radio Station” in the top (main) Menu and it would be added to Tunein | My Radio Source and I could play the station from there, or if added to Sonos Favorites, from there too.

After the recent update, the Tunein folder under “Select A Radio Source” is gone and a new folder appears “Tunein (new)” which does NOT include “My Radio Stations”. So where do stations added through the Main Menu (“Manage:Add Radio Station”) go ?    On the face of it, nowhere.

Well, there seems to be a workaround, though it could be temporary.  Go to “Manage: Service Settings” and add “Tunein” back, and all the saved stations you added in “My Radio Stations” should be back.   You should see both Tunein and Tunein (new)  among the music sources.

Though you may be tempted to remove “Tunein (new)”, but don’t. Removing it, will remove “Tunein”, and of course your stations.

Badge

Morbster71 I am not sure why you are having those issues. I don't use a VPN with my Sky broadband connection.

George_C use the app and put the stations as your favourite and they will show up in Sonos (steps above if you are wondering what I am talking about!)

Morbster71 I am not sure why you are having those issues. I don't use a VPN with my Sky broadband connection.

George_C use the app and put the stations as your favourite and they will show up in Sonos (steps above if you are wondering what I am talking about!)

So, are you saying you are in the UK, and that you can play the Ibiza Global stations via Sonos (using TuneIn?). 

Badge

So, are you saying you are in the UK, and that you can play the Ibiza Global stations via Sonos (using TuneIn?). 

Hi yes I’m UK based. North West. 
I did exactly those steps above I listed and can listen to Sonica via TuneIn. 
I had to set it as a favourite in the TuneIn app. 
Then installed the TuneIn app in Sonos. 

The station is there in my app. 

Ignore the stations at the top. Definitely not my choice!

So you are using a stream url (94.75.227.133:8136).  Where did you get the url? 

Badge

So you are using a stream url (94.75.227.133:8136).  Where did you get the url? 

All of the urls are in the little guide I put together further up. 
They’re all here;

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers%2Dand%2Dmusic%2Dservices%2D229131/spanish%2Dinternet%2Dradio%2Dnot%2Dstreaming%2Din%2Duk%2D6840963

Ah, the original list from castalla.!  That's quite old if I recall correctly.

If the direct url works, then the blocking is probably being done by TuneIn.  The Ibiza Global stations don't seem to play in vTuner either (which is unusual) even here in Spain. 

Badge

Ah, the original list from castalla.!  That's quite old if I recall correctly.

If the direct url works, then the blocking is probably being done by TuneIn.  The Ibiza Global stations don't seem to play in vTuner either (which is unusual) even here in Spain. 

Oh no! I should have asked but it looks like you are based in Spain. Which would explain why you are seeing different results to me!

That post is 4 years old!! It was the way I got mine back to playing Sonic when Sonos first ballsed is up for me.

I’ve listened to that station for years since I went to Ibiza in 2000! or whichever guise it was back then. Its very annoying when they change something you love!

The constant messing about with radio station urls is infuriating!  Cheers. 

Badge

The constant messing about with radio station urls is infuriating!  Cheers. 

Especially when you’re not trying to record or rip content off. You just want a decent channel to listen to. 

This is what I get in the tune in app. But also I don’t get to see favourites on my Sonia s1 app.

Badge

This is what I get in the tune in app. But also I don’t get to see favourites on my Sonia s1 app.

Are you based in the UK ?

Yes I am.

I have used Tune in for years and have had Sonos for years but cant seem to get this working. The best I can do is launch the stations from their own individual apps and then airplay it to a speaker(s). But that’s a faff and it runs off my phone

Badge

Yes I am.

I have used Tune in for years and have had Sonos for years but cant seem to get this working. The best I can do is launch the stations from their own individual apps and then airplay it to a speaker(s). But that’s a faff and it runs off my phone

So it’s still not working with all of the steps above being followed?

It sounds frustrating to lose access to your favorite radio stations after a Sonos app upgrade. Have you tried reaching out to Sonos customer support for assistance? They might be able to provide guidance on how to restore your radio stations or troubleshoot the issue. Additionally, you could check if there are any updates available for the app or try reinstalling it to see if that resolves the problem. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your music again soon!

It sounds frustrating to lose access to your favorite radio stations after a Sonos app upgrade. Have you tried reaching out to Sonos customer support for assistance? They might be able to provide guidance on how to restore your radio stations or troubleshoot the issue. Additionally, you could check if there are any updates available for the app or try reinstalling it to see if that resolves the problem. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your music again soon!

It's nothing to do with Sonos. It's due to a commercial dispute involving UK legal system. 

@mcrook still bit working. I even deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled.

i can add the stations to my favourites in tune in, even though it won’t play in the tune in app. But when I go to the Soho’s app I don’t see a favourite section. The only part that is similar on tune in via Sonia app is ‘my stations’ or words to that effect. Can’t screen sgit as I’m at work