Skip to main content
Question

What’s it gonna take for Sonos to do something?

• 21 July 2024
  • 4 replies

What’s it gonna take for Sonos to do something about their new app? SO many people reporting connection issues. My speakers won’t connect. The new app is complete trash!! 3 years no problems. Give me back the old version so I can use my expensive products!! 

4 replies

Try running a diagnostic within ten minutes of the connection issue and then call Sonos Tech support to discuss the data on Monday.

I have to agree - all I have had is issues since the app update… spending hours trying to reconnect a system that was working fine. 

Any help or advice on how to reconnect everything…. 

Userlevel 1

Try running a diagnostic within ten minutes of the connection issue and then call Sonos Tech support to discuss the data on Monday.

Did it, they were great at running through everything I already tried. Speakers connected in the evening 5 hours after I gave up on the call and now 4 out of 5 are dead in the water again. 

Userlevel 1

A new update came through and I felt hopeful. There is even more inconsistency with what’s happening now. My ARC remains connected, while 4 Sonos ONEs will not connect to the app. After factory reset, the app says they have been added to my wifi system. They won’t show up and the older names still populate the system settings. Some speakers have connected to Sonos temporary network.. one speaker said it needed an update, but couldn’t update. Seems so many times different things happen, speakers are connected to my system but won’t show up in the app. 

Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” He never had to set up Sonos speakers. Lucky. 

I’m angry at Sonos at this point. Seriously get it together and listen to how many people are having connection issues with your new app.