Skip to main content
Question

What is *detailed* status of queue mgmt feature on Android?

• 18 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I rolled back the update with an APK immediately after seeing it was missing many of the features that I use on a daily basis. The most important was queue management, and I don't want to update until that is fully functional.

Right now I am seeing things about queue management being in the most recent update, but then some posts seem to suggest it's only for iOS but not Android, or maybe for phone but not tablet, or maybe there's some features but not others.... 

I'm very confused, and don't know if I should let the app update now or not. I do not trust that when SONOS says they've restored queue management, that means they've restored ALL aspects of queue management, for all devices.

So: I have an Android phone, and need to be able to do the following things:

-Add songs to the queue

-Remove individual songs from the queue

-Change the order of songs in the queue

-Clear the entire queue 

-Would be nice to save queue as playlist but that's not vital

I'm hoping someone can give me a clear answer: Can the most recent Android update do those things? 

Thanks for any help!

4 replies

Full queue editing is not possible yet on either mobile app.  The only queue controls are Play Next, Play Now, and Add to End of Queue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you have rolled back to 16.1 then my advice would be to stay there until you know that everything is fixed. What *seems* to be happening is that new releases are fixing a few things but breaking others.

IMO we are months away from stability, and I will be sticking with the old (golden icon) release for quite a while yet. I suspect the only really good reason to risk an upgrade now would be if you have the new headphone product (which seemingly was the rationale for all of this mayhem).

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Full queue editing is not possible yet on either mobile app.  The only queue controls are Play Next, Play Now, and Add to End of Queue.

Ah, thank you! So they have improved on the *total* lack of queue mgmt functions in their first update attempt, but it still falls short of adequate. I shall continue to wait.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

If you have rolled back to 16.1 then my advice would be to stay there until you know that everything is fixed. What *seems* to be happening is that new releases are fixing a few things but breaking others.

IMO we are months away from stability, and I will be sticking with the old (golden icon) release for quite a while yet. I suspect the only really good reason to risk an upgrade now would be if you have the new headphone product (which seemingly was the rationale for all of this mayhem).

Ah, sadly it still doesn't seem "ready" yet. 

I do have trouble with slow responsiveness and speakers dropping out, and a lot of people are saying those issues are much improved by the new update. So that's why I would like to be able to try the update, but better stability does NOT compensate for the loss of basic features I need. 

So I'll stick with 16.1 for now, and see what happens in the next few releases.