Answered

Volume control issue

• 1 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I noticed this morning that I can no longer tap the volume bar for a room/group to increase/decrease it by one notch at a time. Is this a bug or a new change?

I have asked others and it's not an issue for them.

Android, Pixel 6a, Sonos app 15.2.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it's still an issue.

Edit: fixed! But there's still an issue that needs fixing in the Sonos app.. 

I have a disability, and one of the issues I have is speaking - I recently enabled text-to-speech accessibility setting in Android (basically, a toggle floating on the screen > tap it > tap an area on the screen, then it reads out the text - could be useful). Turned out it stopped that particular volume control feature on the Sonos app - l I had to turn off the accessibility setting then restart my device for Sonos volume to work properly again.

I have no idea if Sonos can work around this (it only affected a specific feature of the volume control), but I'm sure I'm not the only one with Sonos that also has issues speaking (and an app respecting accessibility settings is important). I'd appreciate an update from the development team on this - thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 3 April 2023, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @edfosho,

It sounds like that accessibility feature in Android takes priority when registering screen taps and seems to stop certain features in apps from working.

I don’t know exactly how this feature works, or in what ways it interacts with the Sonos app, but I’ve marked this thread as a feature request for our team to look into.

This is happening to me too. On my Lenovo tablet but not on me Pixel 6a phone.  I tried the fix above but it did not work for me. The feature was already off, but I enabled, rebooted, disabled rebooted and still no joy. I looked at other Accessibility features that might also affect screen touches but didn't see anything else that would be suspect. A small issue for sure, but itd be nice to figure it out.