Skip to main content
Question

Volume Adjustment Delays

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Using the physical buttons on my stereo pair play 3s with paired sub has a massive delay in updating the volume. Its to the point that I can’t get it dialed into a reasonable volume because of overshooting or undershooting. 

These three speakers are all using sonos net to connect. The majority of my system is hard wired, including a playbar that sits 10 feet away from these speakers. 

Of note and possibly related: Sonos app has a hard time determining media is playing on these speakers when I initiate it from Spotify on my computer. 

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance of these speakers beyond hard wiring them?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @phrough 

Thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay.

The app update that came out on the 31st of July (this Wednesday) might have addressed this issue - it specifically addresses volume changes made in the app, however, so I am not 100% positive that it will help.

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Sonos app from your phone’s app store, and then ensure you have the latest software for the speakers too by checking for updates within it (Settings Icon » Manage » System Updates » Check for Updates).

Even if this update does not help, please know that we are aware of the situation and aim to look into it later. And if so, in the meantime you may find that removing the Sub from the room in the Sonos app improves the responsiveness of the Play:3s - not ideal, I know, but it may be something you’re willing to consider short term. If doing so does help, it would be worth adding the Sub back to the room afterwards just in case the improvement sticks.

Thank you for you patience, and I hope this helps.