Question

virgin Radio issues

I went through the performance of using tunein to play Virgin Radio “Uk”, then started having the issue of having to play another station first, before it would then accept the virgin radio uk service. The same phaph is still required, however now it defaults to Virgin Radio groove, even if asking for Virgin Radio UK. Anybody else experiencing this and found any resolutions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

@BAKERSE Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Is this an issue with the station or the streaming service of TuneIn? I ask as I do not see the station of Virgin Radio UK available through TuneIn. Their available content may have changed. If you have not already tried please setup a free account with I Heart Radio then add that music service to Sonos and see if the station is available there for streaming. If it is not and you can obtain from the radio station it’s streaming URL you can add it to your Sonos system from a computer running the Sonos app. 

Thanks for the response John

Not sure I understand the guidance above. I checked on Tunein and Virgin Radio is listed as is Virgin Radio Groove Uk. So I tried asking Alexa just for virgin radio (not virgin radio uk) and again you still get the previously reported streaming issue Of transmission breaking up. This was cured by asking for virgin radio uk.
Have you tried playing virgin radio on a Sonos one via Alexa to see if you get the same issue - then you’ll be able to investigate for me. 

@BAKERSE Thank you for the follow up information. I was not aware from your original post that this was a Alexa voice command issue. I am unable to reproduce or test your setup configuration with Alexa. I would recommend that you call in for agent support as they will have more tools available to them for further troubleshooting steps.