Victrola Stream play in room other than default

• 28 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have the Victrola Stream Carbon, and love it...but there is one frustration.  I have it set to autoplay in the kitchen, where I listen to it 90% of the time.  However, sometimes I want to only listen to it in the office without playing it in the kitchen.  

I can group the office with the kitchen, and it works fine, but if I go back in and remove the kitchen so that it would only play in the office, it loses the connection to the Victrola and stops playing.

I know I can go into the Victrola app and use QuickPlay to send it to the office, but I would like a way to do this without having to go into an otherwise obscure app that has no other use….It would be nice to be able to select the Victrola as a music source directly in the Sonos app.  Is there a way to list it as a music source?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Luke Doroshenko, welcome to the Sonos Community!

As the Victrola Stream Carbon is a third party device, we can’t control the features of this product and the way it connects. The way it’s currently set up seems like it streams to your Kitchen as uses it as a sort of anchor to stream to your other Sonos devices.

Instead of splitting the group you create with the Kitchen and Office, you could instead mute the Kitchen. While it means no audio will play from the Kitchen, it does mean that the device isn’t usable. The QuickPlay option from the Victrola app seems like the intended way of changing the playback destination for this turntable.

While the isn’t a way to list the turntable as a music source, it may be worth bringing this up to Victrola for their consideration of a feature that lets you easily swap outputs without using the Victrola app.

I hope this information helps!