Skip to main content
Answered

Very slow transition time from track selection using Apple Music

• 3 May 2024
  • 1 reply

HI, I have an issue with my personal system and a few clients have the same problem. When listening to a track using apple music from within the sonos app, if I choose a new track while the other track is still playing it takes 10 seconds or more for the song to change. This I feel is too long and mostly irritating. When using spotify or tidal the transition time is a more reasonable 2-4 seconds. 

When I use apple music natively on my phone the transition is 2 seconds….

My system is very simple, 1 x connect using S1 app…...Connect is making use of wireless comms to unif wifi point.  

Any help or inside info on this issue would be helpful. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If it’s only happening with Apple Music, and no other streaming music, I’d suspect a DNS issue causing the commands being issued from your controller, being sent to the speakers, and then delayed as the speakers try to negotiate a path to Apple Music. As a test, I’d try a reboot of your router, to pick up any upstream DNS changes, and then follow that with a reboot of the speakers, to ensure that those changes are propagated properly. 

However, if that doesn’t help, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. It’s also possible that each client could be experiencing a slightly different cause, so it is possible you’ll need to do this multiple times, as there may not be a single ‘silver bullet’.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.