Skip to main content

Version 80 app update (Android)

• 8 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Following app update I can't access radio stations from myTuner and it won't let me add TuneIn. Equipment is unusable apart from fact I have an old iPod which hasn't taken the update. HELP!!!!!!

4 replies

Like many, I’m having lots of problems with the V80 forced upgrade.  Feedback looks comprehensive and probably overwhelming the Sonos Software Dev teams.  As someone who spent an entire career in commercial software development, I strongly encourage you to give people the ability to roll back to the prior (stable) version.  Give your dev teams the opportunity to take a breath, absorb all the feedback, and deliver a better product.

Fed up with the new version of this app. Can't edit the queue while playing, can't find a way to edit an existing playlist, start up shows no products found or something went wrong. Sonos speakers may be good, but the software version of this app seems to have been pushed out way to early. It's like someone set a date and said that we go with it regardless of what works and what does not. Feel like go old school and going back to a decent hifi separates system. 

The app had been stable before this.  Appears they changed the base code and distributed without all the features being available - reminds of industry case studies of what NOT to do.  Unfortunately these were key features used daily - alarms & sleep.  Ugh…  They do have a map for the features to be added back in https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates.  I’ve also notice they changed how some of the functions work (such as group volume - slow to respond due to being ramp up / down slowly) and unstable.  They should have NOT updated til had all features completed - June… then tweak based on user feedback.  This can really be long term negative to the user base (or provides opportunity for another product). They need to learn how to manage software deployments.

Just give the old version back until all the features added and checked with small user group...however does not appear to be a means to get this for Android.  I would think with all the complains (and lack of functionality) they would roll it back… at least what I would do, through I would also not let it be distributed.

I'm completely fed up with these Sonos updates. I'm going to look for another system

Frank Nederhoff 

The Netherlands