Skip to main content
Answered

Using Sonos for Ipad speacher

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Sonos-Ipad

Dear Community.

is it possible to connect the sound of my new Ipad to my Sonos Soundbar to improove sound quality and loudness?

i am using Sonos S2.

Thanks for info!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

If your playing audio/video from an App on the iPad, you could see if that App uses Airplay and simply Airplay the audio to your Soundbar, that’s if you are using either an Arc, or Sonos Beam. See this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-airplay-audio-to-sonos

I frequently use Bluetooth to connect to my Roam. If I’m within a Wi-Fi signal’s reach, I use AirPlay 2. 

Thank You kindly for helpful answers.

After trying i stiil can not see Sonos on my Airplay to connect with my Ipad.

What are  i am doing wrong?

Which Sonos Soundbar is it? My Sonos Arc, for example, is called ‘Living Room’ and it shows up in the iOS Airplay list for selection - see attached screenshot from my iPad. I also see the Beam and Ray etc.

I just select the Speaker on the iPad Airplay listing for the playback of Music/Videos etc. if you still don’t see your Arc/Beam etc; maybe try a reboot of the local router.

A slightly separate issue, but maybe useful to you aswell… for use with the Siri voice assistant, just register the speaker as an ‘accessory’ in the Apple Home(Kit) App too.

Thank you Ken for all valuable info and engagement!

i will try to reboot both my Ipad but also Sonos and my Router.

Somehow, hope to find the error!

Ps. My speacher is a Sonos Playbar.

works fine together with TV, Amazon music..

Ps. My speacher is a Sonos Playbar.

works fine together with TV, Amazon music..

If you revisit the link in my first post above, the Playbar hardware precedes Airplay-2 and is therefore not compatible, but you could add a standalone compatible Sonos speaker (as listed in the same link) and group that Airplaying speaker with the Soundbar to play the Airplaying audio to ALL.