Skip to main content
Answered

Using Ikea's Dirigera Hub & Symfonisk Gen 2 Remote with Era 100's

• 22 November 2023
  • 12 replies

I have the items detailed in the title and while it works great with all my Sonos products, the Ikea app does not see my Era 100's. My Sonos app has no trouble with them. Is this a known issue? I've tried reinstalling the Ikea App and joining it to the hardware but it always fails to see the Era's only.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanVM 

Thanks for your post!

That’s a good question - when it comes to IKEA speakers, we support them as they show up in our system diagnostics, much like a Sonos speaker, and the troubleshooting is the same.

The IKEA app, however (and the Hub and remote) we don’t even receive training on - I recommend you get in touch with IKEA directly for assistance with those.

I do recommend checking for app updates first, however.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

At this point I’d actually like to know if others are having this same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanVM 

I for one have never heard any similar reports, but let’s see what the community has to say.

Please feel free to submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given - if anything obvious jumps out at me, I’ll let you know.

Badge +1

Done. Support # 339527729. Thanks for the suggestion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanVM 

Thanks. Your Eras are alone in connecting to 5GHz WiFi, as most of the rest are on SonosNet (this is normal), but as your Move is connecting to 2.4GHz and you don’t report a problem with it, I’m not inclined to say that is where the issue lies. Also, it looks like they are connecting directly to the router - no extenders involved - so that is good too.

If the IKEA Hub or remote have an IP address on your network of 192.168.1.150, then I think I have found the problem - the associated MAC address is being resolved as a string of zeros. Please reboot whichever device has that address and your router - your router should be switched off for at least 30 seconds to ensure all power is drained from it so it does a clean reboot.

Aside from the issue you reported (but I just can’t leave the following unsaid), I recommend you re-enable the Playbase’s WiFi, then disconnect the ethernet cable going to the Playbase’s Sub. Your SonosNet is also split between two WiFi channels (1 and 11) - I recommend changing the SonosNet channel to 6, then to 1 - but please make sure all rooms show in the Sonos app before each stepSettings » System » Network » SonosNet Channel

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Great information, Corry! Is SonosNet preferred or should I push all my devices to connect via WiFi?

According to my Orbi, I do not have anything connected to 192.168.1.150.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanVM 

Great information, Corry! Is SonosNet preferred or should I push all my devices to connect via WiFi?

As you’re already using SonosNet, I’d say stick with it - unless you have playback issues, that is. I would try to get them all to use the same channel though, as described above.

If you want to try WiFi, all it takes is disconnecting ethernet cables from Media Room and the two devices in Living Room (remember to re-enable WiFi on Playbase first: Settings » System  » Living Room TV » Playbase » Enable WiFi), then waiting about 1 minute. To switch back, just reconnect the cables (but not to Sub).

Note that I don’t expect this to help with the stated problem in any way, but anything could happen.

According to my Orbi, I do not have anything connected to 192.168.1.150.

I guess that explains why there’s a string of zeros, but not why I saw the error in the first place (which was reported mere seconds before you submitted the diagnostic). I recommend going ahead with the router reboot - at this stage, it seems the most likely explanation that you can actually do something about. Perhaps there is an IP conflict on the network - to which, it may help after rebooting to reserve IP addresses for all the devices that are commonly on your network as it can prevent some weird behaviour.

The issue may also be down to the IKEA app simply not knowing about the Era models - they are fairly new, after all - but IKEA would need to address that.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

At this point I’d actually like to know if others are having this same issue. 

I have added a stereo pair of Era 100s to the IKEA app and control them with the remote without any issue.

I’ve had Era100s and Era300s since there were first available, and my IKEA app (Home Smart 1) has always recognised them, originally when the rest of the Household was on SonosNet and now with the HH in station mode on an AX mesh.

The IKEA app(s) can however suffer from the same discovery issues as Sonos if the network infrastructure doesn’t correctly forward SSDP packets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks @Mr. T & @ratty - that’s really helpful!

@DanVM - Let’s see how things are after a router reboot.

Given what the gents here have said, if you continue to have issues I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for in-depth troubleshooting. It will probably help to reference this thread when you get in touch.

Badge +1

It was an SUE (Stupid User Error). When using the Ikea app you must add a speaker to it's list of devices in order to be able to select it elsewhere. I installed the Era’s after having already set up the remote originally. The remote works just fine with the Era speakers. Thank you for all those that tried to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DanVM 

Great - thanks for updating the thread!