Answered

Using Airplay group w/o turning on TV

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi...I just set up a new ARC in my living room and have surround with two Ones. However, now when I play music through AirPlay on the group, it just just play on those three speakers—it insists on also turning on the TV and showing what is playing on Spotify. It adds about 20 seconds to the process and it’s annoying to have the TV on when I just want to listen to music. Is there a solution to this? The TV is a Sony Bravia connected to the ARC through e-ARC HDMI. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Cali Person 7 December 2022, 07:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

To clarify… you are streaming Spotify from your iPhone directly to the Arc setup using AirPlay and the TV automatically turns on and displays on the screen what is playing on Spotify. Is this correct? Are you using an AirPlay-compatible streaming device like an Apple TV or Roku Ultra?

On the TV, under the Bravia Sync settings, look for an Auto TV onTV auto power on, or Device auto power off setting and turn this setting OFF.

Badge +1

Hi...it seems to have corrected itself on its own somehow. I realized that it was also having problems finding all the speakers, so I turned everything off and back on again and magically the issues disappeared. But to answer your question, I use the built in Google system in the Sony Bravia. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! If it comes back, I will do this.