Skip to main content
Question

Useless New App

• 18 May 2024
  • 2 replies

The dreadful new app detects my Move and it appears in the list of speakers but absolutely refuses to play anything. Just keeps saying “unable to connect” even though it is clearly connected 

Also I cannot see any way that you can play different things on different speakers in it

Utterly useless

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The dreadful new app detects my Move and it appears in the list of speakers but absolutely refuses to play anything. Just keeps saying “unable to connect” even though it is clearly connected 

Also I cannot see any way that you can play different things on different speakers in it

Utterly useless

You have to go to the system drop down and regulate what’s on each speaker/ set of speakers! If it’s refusing to not play then try resetting your Wi-Fi system switching off your speaker-  Move! And then switching it back on!! Nothing will be slick, it’s all very chunky, and not a patch on what we all had before!! I feel a revolution coming on !! Sonos need to deliver a statement and quickly to tell us what their plan is to rectify severe shortfalls in the retrograde app they have launched!! - But will we see that ? Hmmm-  a message in our message boxes on our accounts would help!! 😣😣

Userlevel 1

Totally agree Nick. But how can an international company bring out such a useless app without Beta testing it and also allowing users to keep the old app if they prefer?  E.g. Outlook has brought out a new version but you can keep the old one if you prefer