Skip to main content

Hi.

A few week back I bought 2 new Play fives, since 1 of my old 1st gen Play5 is quite dead.
In that room I had yet another 1st gen Play5 and a Sub.
Before I received my new Play fives I moved the still working 1st gen Play5 to another room where I have another 1st gen Play5.
After some hustle I managed to pair them as stero.

1 day later my 2 new Play fives arrived, started to install them, I didn´t realize they are not compatible with S1.
OK, so I slit my Sonos into 2 systems, 1 S1 and 1 S2, so far so good, got all my S2 updated and installed, all worked fine.

But when later starting my S1 app to play in the room where I have 2 1st gen Play5´s, I got “Use the Sonos S2 app”

My old Play5s just disapered.
I spent several hours trying to get my old Play5s to work again, I managed 1, the one connected to ethernet, not the other one, could not be found.

I talked to support, they told me I had to enable IGNP snooping and multicast, so I did, on 2.4G network.
Airtime fairness was always disabled.
Dont know why I have to enable snooping and multicast now, have not been needed before.

But OK, I did this and reset my router, and I managed to install my old Play5s again, in a separate room.

This worked for a week, this Saturday when opening my S1 app I had the same issue, tried just unplugging my Play5s, did not work, removed power to router for a minute, then it worked again, my room of 2 Play5s appeared.

Today it happened again, this time remove power to Router does not work.

What shall I do, want to send diagnostics of S1, but I cant since there is no S1 system anymore according to my app.

BTW, I have several of my S2 product wired, in my S1 system 1 out 2 Play5s are wired.

My router(Asus ac86u) is running on ch1, my AP(ac68u) is running on ch6, so my Sonosnet is ch11.

This drives me crazy.

Try setting static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos, use the router’s DHCP settings page. Power down all Sonos, reboot router, power up the Sonos. That has helped a lot of folks with issues sounding close to yours.

Thanks Stanley.

I will do so the next time this happens.

I reset my S1 app, and connected to an existing system, also I wnt to system, check comp., and checked ”keep S1”.

For now it works…