Use of Sirius XM with Sonos

• 28 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I am  unable to access “Live and Extra” Sirius XM Channels on either my Apple IPad and Samsung A7 phone.  I am able to access “Recent” Sirius XM Channels on both platforms.  When accessing the entire list of Live and Xtra channels, I get the message “Sorry something went wrong, please try again”.

The Sirius XM app (without Sonos) works perfectly on both my IPad and Samsung phone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Most likely that SiriusXM doesn’t make that stream available on the server they use for Sonos access, something Sonos has no control over. You may want to ask SiriusXM’s CS why, though. 

Userlevel 1

Sirius XM closed for the weekend. Stream was available on Sonos until recently. Thank you.

That could be a different situation, then. You may want to ‘remove’ SiriusXM from your Sonos system, then wait a few minutes, and add it back in, forcing a ‘re-authorization’ and a reconnect to SiriusXM servers. It may also be beneficial to you to try a reboot of both your router and your speaker, just in case. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  Took your suggestion.  Reloaded Sirius XM app on Sonos.  Now it will not accept my username.   SXM still works without Sonos on my phone and IPad.  SXM call center closed until Monday.  Will call them to figure this out.  Pretty sure it’s on their end, not Sonos.  Thanks again.

Could still be on your…well, nominally, your end. I would still suggest a reboot of your router, followed by the Sonos device(s)… it would fix any potential DNS misdirects. Not something that is ‘your fault’ per se, but could be affecting your system. No cost, low amount of time, too. But I’m sorry you’re having this issue, although I’d think there is little consolation there. 

same issue here. happening with both android and ios devices. looking for a solution/fix.

Userlevel 1

Rebooted Router and Sonos.  Still no resolution.  

Try removing and re-adding the SiriusXM service.

Userlevel 1

50% of problem resolved.  Worked with Sirius XM Technical Support.  Received new streaming  username and password.  Corrected issue on IPad.  Still have issue with Android.  When loading the new user and password, Sirius SXM said “we’re all set up”.  When returning to Sonos, Sonus said connection not made.  I have rebooted everything and toggled between 5G and lower wi-fi.  XM works fine on my Android by itself, still can’t connect to Sonos One system.

Userlevel 1

Just called Sonos customer support.  They resolved my Android issue.  Back to normal operations (for now).

Just called Sonos customer support.  They resolved my Android issue.  Back to normal operations (for now).

Can you share how it was resolved? Having same issue, but on apple product.

Userlevel 1

Via my Sonos ap, Sonos customer service able to run a diagnostic tool identifying the issue and remotely resolving it, Sonos customer service (800)-680-2345.  Agent patient, courteous and competent.