Answered

USB flash drive music library and connectivity through mesh network

• 23 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I've run my music library from a USB connection on my BT home hub via a WiFi network without any problems for some years but I've experienced WiFi dead zones in my home and have now installed a Google mesh network.

My 2 Sonos One's and sub are now connected by sonosnet. This is achieved by connecting the remote Google mesh device to a One with an ethernet cable. The only problem I now have is that Sonos no longer recognises the drive path to the USB drive in the BT router. The current address is  //bthub/xxx

First question is, is it even possible to connect with the USB drive via a wired outlet from the Google mesh device or am I wasting my time.  If you can, what drive path do you use. 

My other question is does a similar situation occur if you connect via a Sonos Boost? In that situation the Boost would be connected to the Google mesh device plugged into the BT router. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 October 2020, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Your BT Hub is now on a different subnet from your Sonos. Replace the ‘//bthub/xxx’ path in the Sonos library config with ‘//192.168.1.254/xxx’ and it should work again. 

On the second point, wiring a Boost is equivalent to wiring a player in terms of establishing a ‘wired’ (SonosNet) setup for the system.

Badge

Many thanks for the prompt response.

I can confirm that your above solution has worked perfectly.