Skip to main content

Urgent Need for Download of Former Controller to Fix This Problem

• 19 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I happen to have two separate configurations of Sonos -- one in my house, operated via my iphone, now under thrall to the disastrous new non-functional controller.  It has lost, literally, 80% of my Playlist links and doesn’t even access my Albums.  I have a separate Controller install in my Office, in the rebuilt former Garage on my property, with four smaller speakers.  It is completely functional, sees all the Playlist items in the main Collection and Albums both, and operates as if nothing has changed!

Is it possible for Sonos to provide its longtime loyal customers like me an install file for the former FUNCTIONAL Controller that would allow us to install it over the current nightmare and access our existing lists of music playlists and albums without having to rebuild everything manually?

Michael Utvich, Los Angeles.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Yes, please make the working app available!

Sonos doesn’t care about your issues even if it’s their pos app that caused it. They refuse to allow rollback to 16.1. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

It’s apple that doesn’t let you roll back.

It’s apple that doesn’t let you roll back.

Sonos could make the 16.1 app available. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

yes, yes, yes/