Skip to main content
Answered

Upgrading to S2

• 5 June 2024
  • 8 replies

I want to upgrade my system to S2. I'm afraid to do it with all the bad posts about it lately. Has anyone tried since the update today?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Why do you need to update to S2, if there is no urgent reason I wouldn’t.

If you really want to do it look at the problems you may face and be prepared for them.

I got a Gen 1 Sub that has been updated to S2. I can't add it to my system currently because of the S2 app. Almost all of my system can be upgraded. I just don't know if I hold out and wait for all the problems to get fixed or tempt the fates and attempt an upgrade. I was hoping someone had upgraded today after the update and could tell me it worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I got a Gen 1 Sub that has been updated to S2. I can't add it to my system currently because of the S2 app. Almost all of my system can be upgraded. I just don't know if I hold out and wait for all the problems to get fixed or tempt the fates and attempt an upgrade. I was hoping someone had upgraded today after the update and could tell me it worked. 

Please see: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/downgrade-a-sonos-product-to-s1

I have seen that link. It doesn't help me right now though because we can't downgrade with the new app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

But if you have the S1 app installed, then you don’t need the new app, just follow the steps in the ‘If you only use the S1 Controller app to control Sonos’ section to downgrade your Gen 1 Sub.

When the Sonos app is refenced in that section they are talking about the S2 app. At the very top of that link it says the S2 app currently can not downgrade your equipment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When the Sonos app is refenced in that section they are talking about the S2 app. At the very top of that link it says the S2 app currently can not downgrade your equipment. 

Sorry my mistake, I mis-read the article.

It's all good buddy. I appreciate the help none the less.